Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, anyone here have the unpleasant misfortune of being in the independent drive system for the TVS 2300 Maggies? If you don't know what it is then you you weren't and be happy. Reason I ask is that I am looking to see if anyone pulled it off (the snout of the blower and all) and have it sitting around. Unfortunately the drive pulley are uncommon and so far I have had to have some made for me and that is a pain in the butt. Plus I really want to have the other parts as spares. No, these parts are not available as it was a test project that was shelved. It was a really great idea as if your belt blew, you could still drive the car practically normal, not in limp mode as all the other things are still on the main belt. And the belt is cheaper as it's smaller and easier to tension and it says in tension for quite a long time.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Have any photos? I googled and found nadda!

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only have this one I made a while back but I can take better ones after I get my car back in a few days. The center pic in standing in the middle of the nose looking down at the dront of the motor. The big pulley if the I.D. drive pulley, you can see it goes back to the maggie which has a turned out snout and the shaft for the pulley goes straight into it. The Throttle body goes towards the drivers side of the car. The right pic shoes the various tentioners and such to route the belt around to get to the Balancer. What you don't see is the big back plate to hold it all. the biggest pain is that it leaves little room to work in the front of the motor and the bolt that holds the top pulley is about 4" long and the way the set is you can only get it out about 1". You have to disassemble almost the whole setup and remove it to change the belt or do anything else. A serious pain in the butt.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Wow would have been nice if this setup would have become the standard, looks like an 8 or 10 rib belt?

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, a single belt system. It is 8 rib although my thought was to make it ten. However there us already a clearance issue with the blower pulley and the radiator support and there would be some work made to get that to work. It is a great thought i.e. why it is on my car, when offered the chance to work with these guys and be the first to get this I was on it. But as I said it has been a pain in a few areas and the main one is the blower pulley. The belt is captive under the pulley and you have to remove almost all the setup to get the belt out and getting the long ass bolt that holds that pulley is the biggest BS of all.

Reactions: Toxic11
1 - 6 of 6 Posts