Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Infinity speakers recommended several times on here. I installed the dash speakers first, and was more than impressed with the sound quality. I changed the door speakers, and was expecting the same result. Unfortunately, I get very little if any improvement over the stock door speakers. I expected at least a little more bass over the stock speakers (which had next to none to begin with).

Any recommendations or am I missing something?
What's the wattage output on a 2016 base non-Alpine system on the 5.0 radio?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I'm not sure, but probably pretty low. Even the Alpine nine speaker system has a 500 watt amp shared by all nine speakers, including the 8" 'sub'. Are the speakers in that system component speakers? I know on the Alpine system, the door speakers are mid-bass, and only receive that signal. If the system is sending a full spectrum sound, and you installed a component woofer, it may sound mushy.

Did you get the 3 or 2 ohm speakers? I know when I replaced my wife's Jeep's speakers this summer, it sounded better, but no more bass. Even on my Challenger, there was no real bass to speak of until I added a real sub with an amp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, but probably pretty low. Even the Alpine nine speaker system has a 500 watt amp shared by all nine speakers, including the 8" 'sub'. Are the speakers in that system component speakers? I know on the Alpine system, the door speakers are mid-bass, and only receive that signal. If the system is sending a full spectrum sound, and you installed a component woofer, it may sound mushy.

Did you get the 3 or 2 ohm speakers? I know when I replaced my wife's Jeep's speakers this summer, it sounded better, but no more bass. Even on my Challenger, there was no real bass to speak of until I added a real sub with an amp.
The stock system is component. For the doors, I ordered the REF-9623ix. Crutchfield has them listed as 3ohms. The rears will be REF-6522EX(they are on back order until 12/11).

I'm not expecting car rattling bass, but my work truck(2017 Silverado) and wifes SUV(2014 Traverse), both with the low end factory audio systems, sound better as far as the bass goes. If I could even match the bass those vehicles have, I would be ok with thay for just doing a simple speaker swap.

Do you think I'll have improvement on the low end once I replace the rear speakers since they receive full signal?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts