Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flat the other night tried to use it but could not get the sealant to come out it sounded full air compressor worked but not the sealant side . Trying to figure out if it was bad or what? like I said it sounds full shaking it but noting can anyone help me here ? Trying to figure out if I need to buy a new can of it that maybe its been used once all ready.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You didn't say what year you have, but there is an expiration date for the sealant. It's on the lower right corner of the pictorial instructions. Mine's a 2017 and the expiration date is 08/2021. For what it's worth I don't like the bleeping thing. Got a flat a while back and the kit didn't help. In all fairness it was an industrial razor blade I picked up and I'm sure the sealant can't fix that type of damage. I went ahead and got a Modern Spare Kit and have more peace of mind now.
Sealant Expiration Date.jpeg Razor Blade.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,328 Posts
Like Califshaker said, ..probably expired, and the sealant solidified inside.
Buy a new replacment, the one you have now didnt work, has been used or is expired.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,864 Posts
I had a flat the other night tried to use it but could not get the sealant to come out it sounded full air compressor worked but not the sealant side . Trying to figure out if it was bad or what? like I said it sounds full shaking it but noting can anyone help me here ? Trying to figure out if I need to buy a new can of it that maybe its been used once all ready.
Used the tire sealant kit that came with my Hellcat a while back. Worked like a charm. I don't remember all the steps but I had the owners manual in the car and a digital copy handy on my iPad and between the hard copy manual, the digital manual and the instructions on the kit I got the thing to work.

There are a number of steps that have to be followed.

Mentioned prominently is the expiration date of the sealant.

There is a push in the mode select knob and turn to the sealant mode position step at the beginning. The other mode is for use when just inflating a tire.

While the instructions called for putting the compressor on the ground starting out I held the compressor up to help the sealant flow down to the tire. Initially some sealant leaked out the hole, which as per instructions was at the lowest point.

Took some time for the tire to begin to inflate but the instructions said it could take some time. Let the compressor run -- it is in the directions to have the engine idling -- until the pressure was around 40psi. I wanted some "extra" air in the tire in case the sealant didn't completely seal the hole. I had a 4 mile drive to a dealer that I had called and put 2 new rear tires on hold.

At the dealer while getting new tires fitted bought a replacement canister of sealant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts