Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car arrived Saturday afternoon from Kansas and here are my initial thoughts (Less than 100 miles of driving) about the car: My car is a CPO 2021 SCWB Shaker with 6 speed. You can find the other options in my signature below.

1. Love the fit and finish...paint is of high quality and the panels line up evenly.. Not overly thrilled with the area around the tail lights where the bumper cover comes in.... seems a little flimsy. There also seem to be a lot of give in the rear bumper while attaching a license plate.

2. The 6 speed manual doesn't seem to notchy... it goes into all gears smoothly. I don't find the throws to be to long but will probably explore a Barton Shifter to get rid of the side to side play when it's in gear. I don't find the clutch to be to heavy or mushy. I think the 3.90 gears are a great pair with this transmission.

3. Interior quality is better than I expected. I like the carbon fiber inserts and the suede headliner. I was never completely sold on the Alcantera seats but they aren't bad. I love the Harmon Kardon stereo and the gobs of bass it throws out.

4. The Pirelli P Zero tires handle well and produce little to no road noise. I'll have to wait until i drive more to decide if I'll keep them or try a different brand when it's time to replace them.

5. I really like the Carbon Black Aluminum wheels. I think they compliment the Smoke Show/Black theme of the car. I will however most likely pain the calipers red. The black look good with the wheel but i really wanted red.

All in all it's a great car and am glad I bought it....I was also considering the Hellcat but really didn't want to spend the money for power that I most likely would never use. Most of my driving in this car will be 20-30 miles round trip tops and not driven daily.

I'm going to wait until spring to have ceramic coating applied and instead will apply a coat of Collinite 845 that was just delivered. Once that's done this afternoon I will post some photos of how it looks. Stay tuned

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,547 Posts
My car arrived Saturday afternoon from Kansas and here are my initial thoughts (Less than 100 miles of driving) about the car: My car is a CPO 2021 SCWB Shaker with 6 speed. You can find the other options in my signature below.

1. Love the fit and finish...paint is of high quality and the panels line up evenly.. Not overly thrilled with the area around the tail lights where the bumper cover comes in.... seems a little flimsy. There also seem to be a lot of give in the rear bumper while attaching a license plate.

2. The 6 speed manual doesn't seem to notchy... it goes into all gears smoothly. I don't find the throws to be to long but will probably explore a Barton Shifter to get rid of the side to side play when it's in gear. I don't find the clutch to be to heavy or mushy. I think the 3.90 gears are a great pair with this transmission.

3. Interior quality is better than I expected. I like the carbon fiber inserts and the suede headliner. I was never completely sold on the Alcantera seats but they aren't bad. I love the Harmon Kardon stereo and the gobs of bass it throws out.

4. The Pirelli P Zero tires handle well and produce little to no road noise. I'll have to wait until i drive more to decide if I'll keep them or try a different brand when it's time to replace them.

5. I really like the Carbon Black Aluminum wheels. I think they compliment the Smoke Show/Black theme of the car. I will however most likely pain the calipers red. The black look good with the wheel but i really wanted red.

All in all it's a great car and am glad I bought it....I was also considering the Hellcat but really didn't want to spend the money for power that I most likely would never use. Most of my driving in this car will be 20-30 miles round trip tops and not driven daily.

I'm going to wait until spring to have ceramic coating applied and instead will apply a coat of Collinite 845 that was just delivered. Once that's done this afternoon I will post some photos of how it looks. Stay tuned
Photos ???

·
Registered
261 Posts
Grats!

Have you found the m6 is a little flat in 3rd gear? My a8 pulled hard in all gears but the m6 I have now seems to lose a little passing through that band and picks up after and before.

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Widebody
115 Posts

Yes to the Barton. I put one in mine and there was a drastic difference and was so much more fun. I also removed the clutch delay valve, another very noticeable difference.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grats!

Have you found the m6 is a little flat in 3rd gear? My a8 pulled hard in all gears but the m6 I have now seems to lose a little passing through that band and picks up after and before.
No, I haven't noticed any flatness in any of the gears.

Photos ???
Had to get a coat of Collinite 845 on first. I like the gloss it gives the car and will probably do another coat in a few days or so. Then come spring I will do the ceramic
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts

Good write up. Thanks. Very closely mirrors my impressions when mine came in 6 months ago. I also do not have any problems with the M6. Would I like to install the Barton and CDV delete? Sure but I don't want any issues with Dodge if there is a warranty claim. Gives me something to look forward to! I am currently at 2K miles and can't believe how much better the exhaust sounds now and how the motor has freed up. Oil change a couple of weeks ago just added icing to the cake as to how the motor runs. Trust me, the fun is just beginning! ;)(y)

Reactions: Vader953

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good write up. Thanks. Very closely mirrors my impressions when mine came in 6 months ago. I also do not have any problems with the M6. Would I like to install the Barton and CDV delete? Sure but I don't want any issues with Dodge if there is a warranty claim. Gives me something to look forward to! I am currently at 2K miles and can't believe how much better the exhaust sounds now and how the motor has freed up. Oil change a couple of weeks ago just added icing to the cake as to how the motor runs. Trust me, the fun is just beginning! ;)(y)
Mine had 4800 miles when I got it so no break in required for me and the best part is the CPO 100k mile powertrain warranty

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts
Mine had 4800 miles when I got it so no break in required for me and the best part is the CPO 100k mile powertrain warranty
Yes. you had mentioned that and it slipped my mind. Did they change the oil for you? Being CPO, assuming they did.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. you had mentioned that and it slipped my mind. Did they change the oil for you? Being CPO, assuming they did.
Yes, the oil was changed right before they shipped it

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couple other thoughts:

I had considered the shaker lift kit before I actually received the car but after driving it I don't think that's necessary. It sticks up plenty high and moves a lot more than I thought it would..... reminds me of my old '77 Trans Am, just better. :cool:

I need to find something to put on the shaker, black plastic trim pieces on the bumpers.... I'm not sure Collinite 845 would be safe for that.....especially after I saw all the flammable and safety warnings on the bottle :D

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts
Couple other thoughts:

I had considered the shaker lift kit before I actually received the car but after driving it I don't think that's necessary. It sticks up plenty high and moves a lot more than I thought it would..... reminds me of my old '77 Trans Am, just better. :cool:

I need to find something to put on the shaker, black plastic trim pieces on the bumpers.... I'm not sure Collinite 845 would be safe for that.....especially after I saw all the flammable and safety warnings on the bottle :D
At 5' 10", I have to raise up in the seat on hills apex's too see over the Shaker. No lift kit for me!
I use this on the Shaker and all things plastic/rubber. It works great!! (y)
Bottle Liquid Glass bottle Gas Drink
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Blue

·
Registered
165 Posts
Good to hear! I just rolled over 650mi. What mileage did you do first oil change? I plan on doing an oil n filter myself around 1000mi?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did mine on my last scat pack at 750 miles. First one was free.

Edit: Coincided with state inspection. I miss my shaker already. Kind of having buyers remorse, going to have to wait until next year to swap it if I don't like it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
it adds about 3/4" of lift, but as i posted in the install thread, i dont think you can use the factory high shaker nuts without hood contact, mine was minimal but still some so i changed the cap nuts to flange nuts and no issues ever since.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,308 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts
Good to hear! I just rolled over 650mi. What mileage did you do first oil change? I plan on doing an oil n filter myself around 1000mi?
I did it just before 2K miles. It had been 6 months since I got it so per maintenance guide lines, it was due.
Just surprised me what a difference it made in how smooth the engine ran and revved quicker, even under load. The tech that did mine said the oil was pretty beat. About the color of coffee.
I plan on continuing to change it every 2K miles or 6 months.

Reactions: Superdog

·
Registered
261 Posts
Some things I have noticed.

T/As come with the headlight tube installed, shakers do not.

Manual cars are louder than A8s. (Exhaust) No idea why.

Widebody cars absolutely require rock guards. They should come stock with them.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts