Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my injen cold air intaked installed. It looks really good under the hood. I found the installation difficult. I took the car for a spin, the engine sounds way better, espically at WOT. You get more engine noise in the cabin. I can feel some increase in performance, but nothing amazing. This CAI looks and sounds amazing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,118 Posts
I've been looking real hard at all the different long ram/fender pull units and this is the first time seeing the Injen unit.
What was the difficultly with the install?
Is the IAT located downstream?
If so, did you have to splice in an extention?

It looks great by the way:smokin:

You will definitely benefit from the cool air feed during the hot summer temps that soak these motors and drain the HP.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Injen CAI is one completed piece of metal, with a slight bend at the end where the filter attached. I had alot of fooling around to get the bend section in the fender well, and then you had to rotate the CAI clockwise to attach the throttle body. I managed to get a few scatches on the CAI in the fender well, you cant see them, only when you change the filter can you notice. The IAT sensor is located in the same location, just in front of the TB. Its on the bottom on the black plastic connection the the TB

When you rev the engine, you can hear the slight sound of air entering the CAI, but the overall engine noise is 100% better. Even my wife noticed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my injen cold air intake d installed. It looks really good under the hood. I found the installation difficult. I took the car for a spin, the engine sounds way better, espically at WOT. You get more engine noise in the cabin. I can feel some increase in performance, but nothing amazing. This CAI looks and sounds amazing.

Injen cold air intake and its installation seems so nice! Do you know how to install an K&N cold air intake? I doubt that they are just the same..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K&N CAI dont make a long ram intake for the challenger. As far as i know, the have only short ram intakes. They are straight forward installation, you wont have any issues. One of the main reasons i got the injen CAI is that that it looks really nice. You are not getting no 20hp increase with any CAI. Your only gonna get 3-5 hp max. Anything is better than the stock air filter.

If you are not interested in looks of a CAI, get a K&N top in filter. You will still see the same performance gains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts