Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if they are Any good? Also anyone running one and experience good or bad/

·
Banned
262 Posts
Looks alot like the new mopar cai.The install and servicing of the fender mount cai are a lot more involved,removing belly pan and splicing into iat sensor in order to relocate it.Worth the effort to get a true COLD air intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
09 R/T Challenger
164 Posts
So its been a week since I bought my used 09 Challenger and today I really got the chance to look the engine over. It has a Injen Power flo cai. As I was looking to see how it opens up to service the filter I find out that some idiot didnt know how to instal it correctly. The intake rubber conconnections had the right clamps on it but was being held on by a zip tie. wtf???? Then I find out an added rubber connection was put on in between the tube and filler box. With all this mickey mouse crap done the tube was rubbing on one of the engine pulleys. So I took everything apart and installed it correctly. Looks better, but still need to clean the filter.

Anyone know if I can use K&N filter recharge kit for injen filters?

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,306 Posts
Oiling Injet CAI filter element

So its been a week since I bought my used 09 Challenger and today I really got the chance to look the engine over. It has a Injen Power flo cai. As I was looking to see how it opens up to service the filter I find out that some idiot didnt know how to instal it correctly. The intake rubber conconnections had the right clamps on it but was being held on by a zip tie. wtf???? Then I find out an added rubber connection was put on in between the tube and filler box. With all this mickey mouse crap done the tube was rubbing on one of the engine pulleys. So I took everything apart and installed it correctly. Looks better, but still need to clean the filter.

Anyone know if I can use K&N filter recharge kit for injen filters?
Just in case you are still looking for this info:

The injen I just got does not utilize an element which needs to be maintained periodically by "oiling" it.
Here's the model number from Injen: PF5071WB (in case you want to verify your element is is similar to mine.

I have a 1-page print-off from Injen which goes through the various steps needed to clean the element, and I could provide you with a copy, but I do not have a scanner here, so would have to try to take a picture with cell phone or something.

Nuke

·
Registered
09 R/T Challenger
164 Posts
Just in case you are still looking for this info:

The injen I just got does not utilize an element which needs to be maintained periodically by "oiling" it.
Here's the model number from Injen: PF5071WB (in case you want to verify your element is is similar to mine.

I have a 1-page print-off from Injen which goes through the various steps needed to clean the element, and I could provide you with a copy, but I do not have a scanner here, so would have to try to take a picture with cell phone or something.

Nuke
Thanks Nuke, I dont have the same CAI as you, mine is an older model pf5060. I havent seen anything that suggests not to use oil. In fact im not all that crazy about how this installs on the car. Even the Injen directions say you need to check the fitment often to see if everything is clearing It clears the pully only by 1/2" but then rubs on the hood. I'm thinking about getting a Volant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts