Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They can't so stop trying to get around the system. Tune at your own risk and stop looking for ways around it.
This message is pointless and I fail to see why you felt the need to type it. Either comment with constructive content or read and keep moving.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you want to tune your new car tune it.

But be aware that the dealer told you a tune, even a "Diablosport" tune, probably not a problem is worth zilch unless it is put into writing and it won't be. You can't believe if a problem came up and the factory said no warranty coverage due to the presence of a tune the dealer would fork over thousands of dollars to cover the problem based on what some employee who might not even be there anymore told you.

Then to read that in the event of a problem you are seeking to engage in fraud against Dodge by masking/hiding the fact you had a tune applied to the engine...

With customers like you Dodge doesn't need enemies.
You got me good. Sick burn.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
1: a custom tune w/ appropriate logging will always be better than a canned tune.

2: a dyno tune by reputable hemi tuner (Aj , ost , hhp ) will be the very best choice.

3: it all depends on your relationship with your dealer. I’ve had my transmission replaced in my ram with full bolt ons and a 3200 stall speed. But that depends on the dealer and it’s a gamble at that. Tune at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Ronan. Will check out those tuners.

·
Vendor
11,595 Posts
you can agree or disagree, but if a smart dealer or FCA wants to know, they will know that the vehicle has been tuned......if your warranty is important to you then do not tune or modify

if you do be prepare to pay like you should......

Luke

·
Registered
470 Posts
This message is pointless and I fail to see why you felt the need to type it. Either comment with constructive content or read and keep moving.
Because guys like you that try to beat the system ruin for everyone else.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah? How do I ruin it for everyone else? You're on a muscle car ownership appreciation forum where the vast majority of members are trying to better their ride both aesthetically and mechanically. Please inform me how I'm ruining it for you, or anyone you know, if I try and lightly tune my vehicle, while maintaining it within proper parameters, and still hold my warranty?

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Yeah? How do I ruin it for everyone else? You're on a muscle car ownership appreciation forum where the vast majority of members are trying to better their ride both aesthetically and mechanically. Please inform me how I'm ruining it for you, or anyone you know, if I try and lightly tune my vehicle, while maintaining it within proper parameters, and still hold my warranty?
It's called FRAUD. Pretty easy concept that you don't grasp.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It would only be fraudulent if the engine tune broke a part of the drive-train that I subsequently attempted to have covered by warranty repair.

You guys sure are easy to fire up on this topic. Guy comes in here looking for tuning advice and all of a sudden you all care about my warranty.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
It would only be fraudulent if the engine tune broke a part of the drive-train that I subsequently attempted to have covered by warranty repair.

You guys sure are easy to fire up on this topic. Guy comes in here looking for tuning advice and all of a sudden you all care about my warranty.
Based on your posts, YOU stated what you would do.

Don't think that anyone here is fired up, or gives a dang about your warranty, or if you tune your car that you don't have yet.

Points were made that if you tune, your warranty goes down the drain.

Again, your many posts say that you'll get around it.

Carry on, your attitude is amusing. Lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Based on your posts, YOU stated what you would do.

Don't think that anyone here is fired up, or gives a dang about your warranty, or if you tune your car that you don't have yet.

Points were made that if you tune, your warranty goes down the drain.

Again, your many posts say that you'll get around it.

Carry on, your attitude is amusing. Lol
I simply said that I would look into it. These same points have been made for a decade. However, tuning systems and methods continue to engineer the process further. I'm sorry I made you so upset by suggesting that I would further research a topic, John.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
No need to be sorry. Not upset in any way on this side of the screen.

You're entertainment. Lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No need to be sorry. Not upset in any way on this side of the screen.

You're entertainment. Lol
Oh - we're on the same page buddy. Trolls like you make my boring Monday not that bad.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You're funny, a 29 post "pro". Lol
I am afraid to inform you that number of forum posts is not linearly related to competency. Also, its no wonder you have thousands of posts, if you get your numbers from trolling an honest thread.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
QUOTE: "I am afraid to inform you that number of forum posts is not linearly related to competency." QUOTE

You've proven that quite well!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Give it up John, dude has all the answers even though HE came here asking the questions.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Give it up John, dude has all the answers even though HE came here asking the questions.
Incorrect. I value the input of every person here, as long as its not inflammatory such as both of your posts have been. I'm sorry that we don't agree on the topic of tuning a car - but this thread was never about sharing opinions on tuning our newer cars and the affect on the warranty. The topic of the thread was input regarding tuning units and tune providers - which some people have provided information on - and it was greatly appreciated.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
11 Participants
acidfingertips
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing