Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 R/T classic auto. This April I am going to Arrington and will either have the power trip package done with kooks headers n cats or... I have been thinking about a maggie. I am looking to achieve over 400whp and currently have a mopar catback, dyno tuned and mopar cold air.
What are the HP differences between these two options? and with a supercharger will I need to re-build my motor after 3 years or should I be okay with durability for maybe 6-7 years ( stock bottom end). The car is only driven from April- October.

Any suggestions/ input would be appreciated. i do not race but want a daily summer driver that will kill any mustang or SS running around here. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I don't have that stuff but 400 HP shouldn't be that hard to get. I have heard that some places will give you a warranty on the motor for like 100K miles if they put it on and you buy the warranty

·
Banned
664 Posts
I have a 2010 R/T classic auto. This April I am going to Arrington and will either have the power trip package done with kooks headers n cats or... I have been thinking about a maggie. I am looking to achieve over 400whp and currently have a mopar catback, dyno tuned and mopar cold air.
What are the HP differences between these two options? and with a supercharger will I need to re-build my motor after 3 years or should I be okay with durability for maybe 6-7 years ( stock bottom end). The car is only driven from April- October.

Any suggestions/ input would be appreciated. i do not race but want a daily summer driver that will kill any mustang or SS running around here. thanks
What is a power trip package? And what HP increase does arrington say it will make?
The magnacharger with 6 pounds of boost on the 5.7 will make 460-480 whp. As far as longevity goes one member here got 50,000 miles out of his kenne Bell 6.1 and most likely put it through more boost and hell than you will.:)

·
Banned
804 Posts
Go with the Maggie at 6psi over the power trip. You will be much happier in the long run. The 5.7 bottom will hold up just fine. If you decide to go over 6psi in the future you would be smart to forge the bottom end first.

5,134 Posts
^^ What he said. The 6psi Maggie is more expensive, but will give you large torque gains across the board and will allow you to crank it up should you want more. I got ~440 whp with the kit.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, good point on the title next time! looks like the maggie may be on board... so the 5.7 bottom end at 6psi should hold up for say 80,000 miles? Are the arrington guys still the best for this?

5,134 Posts
The Maggie tune is quite conservative, but do know that by adding over 100hp you are adding stress on everything -- engine, transmission, rear end. Dependingh on how aggressively you drive, I don`t see why your engine wouldn't last 80K miles but as I said, you're increasing power output by almost 30% so you must remain realistic with your expectations.

It is ridiculously fun, though.

If you're close to Arrington, they can do you right. Otherwise, any trusted mechanic can install this. I installed it myself.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Sorry but I didn't pay attention to the title either... Arrington did my maggie install and that of many others. I've got a forged motor, but you should be perfectly fine if you stay with 6-7psi on the stock bottom. I would ask if you're getting a custom tune by A.J. or if it's the maggie stock tune. Either one will suit you and result in good conservative power. It's just that A.J. is really good and that would be my preference.

HemiSam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts