Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Talk about underrating. lol. That torque graph looks neck snapping. you get 90% of torque from 3k to almost 6k rpms

·
Banned
117 Posts
Man .. I have not read any bad reviews about this 392 yet. Good job Dodge. Many doubted including me... I'm a believer.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Excellent article. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So that would suggest ~525 at the crank, huh? Not bad...!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Dodge knocked the 392 out of the park for me. It looks awesome and that tq curve... on a N/A motor? Wow! Making 400 ft.lbs at less than 3000 RPM that thing is going to have a pretty wicked seat of the pants feel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
dyno

he he he......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Why do some folks say underated. When the engines are certified the hp and torque are checked and certified. They can only fudge the numbers so much, it's not like the old days when 370 hp was more like 450 hp. The government and insurance industries are too involved to deal with a company to underate it's advertised HP at the crank.

I will say this a a great step in the right direction, good read :bigthumb:

·
Banned
407 Posts
Why do some folks say underated. When the engines are certified the hp and torque are checked and certified. They can only fudge the numbers so much, it's not like the old days when 370 hp was more like 450 hp. The government and insurance industries are too involved to deal with a company to underate it's advertised HP at the crank.

I will say this a a great step in the right direction, good read :bigthumb:
yeah, but what's the loss on the drivetrain then if HP is 452 at the wheels and 470 at the crank...3.2% that seems low. Either these dynos are juiced or the 470 is underated.

I'm guessing 6.1 owners take the former and 392 owners take the latter

·
Registered
43 Posts
According to the article, the Camaro dynoed power is 370 rwhp.

370 + (370 x 0.15) = 426 which is the same as what GM is advertising.

They mentioned in the article that they used the same dyno for both cars, so:

SRT8 392 dynoed power is 452rwhp
452 + (452 x 0.15) = 520 hp

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
As delicious as the peak numbers are, I am even more impressed by the power & torque available down in the 2500 to 3500 rpm range. That is where the 5.7 & 6.1 have always been soft. I will definitely want to buy a 392 before Dodge drops the Challenger and/or the 6.4.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts