Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been an interesting turn of events in a thread over at the Chrysler 300C Forums website.

In the following thread a supposed insider claims that the word is the Dodge Challenger will be released as a 2007 model year vehicle.

Click Here for the thread.

As always, you cant believe everything you read on the internet so take it with a huge grain of salt... but it is good to see some positive news as opposed to negative news.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The concept seems pretty far along and unlike most concepts the underpinnings are already there. It would take minimal investment (compared to a 'concept from scratch' idea) to bring it to market.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
What I want to know FOR SURE is this car on the LX platform or the new LY platform. I'ts my understanding that this car was to be built on the LY platform. If someone know for sure chime in.....

If it's on the LX platform then yes I can see where it could be out in '07 but if it's the LY I don't think it will make it in '07

All the magazines say it's on the LX platform but again is it not supose to be on the LY platform.

·
Registered
152 Posts
According to Motor Trend The project for the Challenger began in January 2004. A 2007 release would seem very possible.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We can only hope, wish, pray, beg, etc....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Model year '07 would be great but I'm not betting on it. If it happens it will be late model year '07. Probably mid model year '08

·
Registered
492 Posts
An '08 model to be available during the middle to late '07 sales year seems plausible to me, as this has been the sales trend for quite sometime now. Hey, that means that the 'Challenger' just might become available for order/purchase sometime next year...I'd better begin saving a lot more aluminum cans. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is very possible. Though R&T state that Chrysler is looking for additional space the mini van plant in St. Louis is going to under go a $5 billion dollar upgrade to allow the chassis to be switched withen min. from lets say the LY or to minivans or what have you

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
An '08 model to be available during the middle to late '07 sales year seems plausible to me, as this has been the sales trend for quite sometime now. Hey, that means that the 'Challenger' just might become available for order/purchase sometime next year...I'd better begin saving a lot more aluminum cans. :D
That is the earliest I forsee it happening. Hope it does! I should be ready to buy one in about a year and a half. :D Really I don't see it in dealerships till the middle of '08 though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
allhemi said:
What I want to know FOR SURE is this car on the LX platform or the new LY platform. I'ts my understanding that this car was to be built on the LY platform. If someone know for sure chime in.....

If it's on the LX platform then yes I can see where it could be out in '07 but if it's the LY I don't think it will make it in '07

All the magazines say it's on the LX platform but again is it not supose to be on the LY platform.
The Challenger concept is built on an LX platform, the production version would use the LY to save weight. Expect the concept to be very heavy, as it doesn't use any weight saving materials, about 4000 pounds.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've always heard that the Challenger was going to be built on the LY platform. Maybe... just maybe, they are willing to push the LY development into overdrive to get this car out ASAP. But if I had to choose, I'd rather wait for the LY platform with less weight then rushing it on the LX platform at 4000+ pounds.

·
Registered
748 Posts
WildKarrde said:
I've always heard that the Challenger was going to be built on the LY platform. Maybe... just maybe, they are willing to push the LY development into overdrive to get this car out ASAP. But if I had to choose, I'd rather wait for the LY platform with less weight then rushing it on the LX platform at 4000+ pounds.
Agree 100%. Getting it right is more important than getting it sooner.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it is LY then it wouldnt be until 2010 model year since that is when the LY is supposed to be available (according to Motor Trend article).

Personally I think we need it built on the LY. The LX is not the best frame for a competitive muscle car. Love my 300c but its a freakin tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A service writer at my dealership also commented (Dec27th) they had news the Challenger would be an '07 and would be available late November. Seems doubtful, but sure would be nice. Of course, Dodge dealers will mark them up like crazy initially. Once that nonsense cools off, I just have to have one.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts