Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 15 SXT that I want to put a duo 12" box in. I was wondering if anyone has ever wired the subs to the radio and what the easiest approach is as far as getting to it? I dont want to start popping stuff off and it lead me nowhere.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,472 Posts
You can tap the rear speakers to feed a LOC, then use the LOC outs to feed the subs' amp.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,276 Posts
I maybe wrong, as Ive not dug into this personally, but its my recollection that all cars have the factory harmon/karden subwoofer leads built in, even if not factory equipped with it (same as for back up cam lead, siruis roof antenna lead, fwd collosion, etc.) the connections are on the stock harness.
You maybe able to simply locate that lead/connection on the trunk harness and pipe directly off of that.
If done right, it would be plun n play. food for thought.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,472 Posts
I maybe wrong, as Ive not dug into this personally, but its my recollection that all cars have the factory harmon/karden subwoofer leads built in, even if not factory equipped with it (same as for back up cam lead, siruis roof antenna lead, fwd collosion, etc.) the connections are on the stock harness.
You maybe able to simply locate that lead/connection on the trunk harness and pipe directly off of that.
If done right, it would be plun n play. food for thought.
There won’t be any sound signals coming thru the factory sub harness if it wasn’t originally set up with the factory sub (and amp).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts