Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want more power than 250hp, but dont want to trade in for an R/T. From my understanding a supercharger can boost up to 100hp-150hp.

1st and foremost can a supercharger be installed in the standard 2010 SE?

Would this be a safe choice for the 3.5L V6 engine??

How would it affect the longevity of the vehicle. Will it tare the engine apart?

Is a Turbo Charger consider a better or worse choice for 2010 SE 3.5L V6?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just to clarify, the 2010 has the 3.5L V6, not the 3.6L, and yes, a supercharger or turbo can be installed. As far as power gains are concerned, realistically I'd suspect you'd see gains near but shy of 100 h.p. With a reasonable boost level you could expect a long life out of your car.

·
Registered
846 Posts
modern muscle has a S/C kit that makes 302 rwp with 10lbs of boost, which most believe is a safe level on the 3.5, since the motor has forged rod and pistons.

i know rdp has a turbo kit that runs around 8-9lbs of boost and pushing 330 rwp (if i remember corrctly)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
ircp10 did a successful Supercharging project. He's ran a 13.6ish at 103mph. So yes, certainly an attainable goal. Just expensive.

As for turbocharging? uuhuhuhuhuh... 12 second goodness. Check out MCSChallenger's project, done by RDP.

·
Registered
846 Posts
ircp10 did a successful Supercharging project. He's ran a 13.6ish at 103mph. So yes, certainly an attainable goal. Just expensive.

As for turbocharging? uuhuhuhuhuh... 12 second goodness. Check out MCSChallenger's project, done by RDP.
hes also got a different rear gears and was running slicks and a stall converter (i think), plus that kit is close to 7k, so its also expensive for that kit and even more expensive to hit that number.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
hes also got a different rear gears and was running slicks and a stall converter (i think), plus that kit is close to 7k, so its also expensive for that kit and even more expensive to hit that number.
Oh agreed, and yes he was, however initially not using a converter and slicks for a mid 13's run. with a touch faster mph at the end.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
going either turbo or SC is gonna be expensive...well guess that relative...expensive from my perspective anyway

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Ran [email protected] on stock tires and stock convertor.
Motor made 350hp to the ground on initial dyno tune.
Running a race tune from RDP and a 3500 rpm Stahl convertor on VP100 Street Blaze fuel. I ran a [email protected]. That was on a hot humid afternoon on 3 year old Nitto Drag radials. When this heat subsides and i put the new tires on we are looking for 11s. stay tuned....:):guiness:
UPDATE,, ET [email protected].

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ran [email protected] on stock tires and stock convertor.
Motor made 350hp to the ground on initial dyno tune.
Running a race tune from RDP and a 3500 rpm Stahl convertor on VP100 Street Blaze fuel. I ran a [email protected]. That was on a hot humid afternoon on 3 year old Nitto Drag radials. When this heat subsides and i put the new tires on we are looking for 11s. stay tuned....:):guiness:
damn. wish this kit was up above the transmission like yours and not back by the rear tire.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
I was actually communicating with RDP when I still had my SE. You're looking at over $8k to get the SE into the 12's, not $7k. If you have the money go for it. But you should leave the outside stock, that would make for an awesome sleeper.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am in the process of installing a SS as per ircp10
cost as of today 900.00 plus tune and I will be in the $1100.00 range.
It has taken 2 months to round up what is needed.My biggest road block was a mounting bracket.So today I had a autocad drawing done and bracket made with cnc lazer cut.I tried all the guys who make kits THey dont sell the bracket seperate.It took me a while to figure this outI am going to do a write up with picdues and vids.Stay tuned.
dude sell me a bracket!!! you have a pm.

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Progress

I have made good progress this week on track for install this weekend.I am putting the intercooler next then its off to DTP.The pic is the first mock up. Auto part Wheel Engine Automotive design Vehicle

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Thanks

Thankyou for your support Its hard to work on my car and others at the same time.Set up for first vid tonight.Part one What parts you need and cost to install your own SS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looking forward to see how this all turns out. I only have a few bolt on mods so far but I want to take the leap into forced induction; and seeing somebody do it on thier own is inspireing.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
When a turbo spools up and hits it's stride , you just hang on for the ride.:redcap:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine's a daily driver, I went to town and I'm not trading it in!!:yikes:

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Bump

I have a quote on the supercharger bracket.There are a total of three that are needed.The cost is 250.00 per set I need a group buy of 10 if anyone is interested PM me.These brackets are lazer cut aluminum 6061t.
Bump for brackets.
I am shooting vid as we speak.Cost of kit under $1500!
This vid.will come with bracket set.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.