Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a Hurst Comp Stick Shifter with the black knob (picture below). It's for the automatic transmission. Wanting to know if anyone else has installed one of these and how difficult they are to install. Don't have a lot of experience tinkering with cars, so I want to know whether it's something I can easily do without messing up or if it's something I should have someone with experience do. I really don't want to mess anything up on my Challenger. Thanks in advance everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Install is pretty straightforward, I do have two tips for you though,
1st get a set of plastic trim remover tools from Habor Frieght, they are cheap, and will save you some trouble, also won't scratch the trim.
2nd roll up the plastic guide like it says, hold in that shape for about a hour,
Other than that just follow the instructions, install won't take no time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install is pretty straightforward, I do have two tips for you though,
1st get a set of plastic trim remover tools from Habor Frieght, they are cheap, and will save you some trouble, also won't scratch the trim.
2nd roll up the plastic guide like it says, hold in that shape for about a hour,
Other than that just follow the instructions, install won't take no time.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Banned
928 Posts
super easy and a nice upgrade..hurst might have those on sale currently or try atlanticspeed.com
I've had good luck there

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it installed tonight. Catches a bit going into D, but not too bad. Couldn't get the guide in without removing the console, so I left it out. Maybe that's why it catches.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same thing happened to me. So the next day I just pulled up the center portion of the console. (Piece of cake)! Put the guide in and she glides thru gear selection. I do notice it slaps against the chrome trim in D. Does that happen to you? thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same thing happened to me. So the next day I just pulled up the center portion of the console. (Piece of cake)! Put the guide in and she glides thru gear selection. I do notice it slaps against the chrome trim in D. Does that happen to you? thanks
Mine doesn't hit the chrome.
When you pulled the center console out, you just pull from each side at the base? And it goes back in easily?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts