Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone can help me
i'm up to install an MSD boost a pump 2351 on my chally but don't know how to plug it, which wire go where
i have 4 wires, 1 big black, 2 big red and 1 small orange :scratchhead:

thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Funny, I am just starting to tackle that too.....the larger red and black go to the pos and neg bat terminals, respectively. the smaller orange and red tie into the 12 v fuel pump wire..you cut the oem wire and run it through the MSD unit...on the challenger, you can find this oem wire under the rear seat...attached is a pic of the correct wire...it is blue with a red stripe...
but you have to know which end goes to the orange v the red MSD wire....so I also attached a manual I found on line for our Hemi cars that explains it..

Anyone know the best place to mount the MSD box and how to route the wires/pressure line???

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Funny, I am just starting to tackle that too.....the larger red and black go to the pos and neg bat terminals, respectively. the smaller orange and red tie into the 12 v fuel pump wire..you cut the oem wire and run it through the MSD unit...on the challenger, you can find this oem wire under the rear seat...attached is a pic of the correct wire...it is blue with a red stripe...
but you have to know which end goes to the orange v the red MSD wire....so I also attached a manual I found on line for our Hemi cars that explains it..

Anyone know the best place to mount the MSD box and how to route the wires/pressure line???

Thanks
That is correct. When you cut the wire under the seat, the end which goes towards the gas tank (Through the grommet) goes to the large red wire. The other end goes to the skinnier orange. Make sure you FUSE the Large red wire you are connecting to the positive post under the hood (This is where I got it from) and use a fuse in the 30 to 40 amp range (I used a 50 amp to be sure and bought that nice fuse holder from pep boys as well) as I found out quickly when "getting on it" that 20 amps is not enough! (Car died on the on ramp to a highway as fuel stopped when fuse blew)

Vortech's version of the MSD BAP comes with a bracket which mounts the unit itself under the cowel on the driver's side right by the windshield which allows enough length for wires to reach back seat (I cut a slit in a convenient grommet that was in the firewall already to run the wires through to the back seat driver's side) but puts it in a perfect spot to "Tee" into the vacuum line.

I had to buy a $0.50 "Tee" from pep boys that went from the larger 1/8" (I think this is the size) original vacuum hose to the smaller (Maybe 1/16" which I also purchased a small length of) which fits the small fitting on the BAP perfect. (2 - 1/8" and 1 - 1/16" on the "Tee")

I have seen trick looking trunk installs (Against the back seat) but don't know how they get the vacuum line all the way back there from the engine compartment unless there are some vac lines back there I don't know about.

Just did this with the Vortech install about a month ago. It works WELL. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts