Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the oem kicker 322 watt 8 channel amp out of a 2010 srt8 challenger ( amp part # 05035022ae)into my 2010 rt with BA 8 speakers, I have turned the volume up 2 then down 2 within the 3 seconds, can't get the surround sound to activate???? What am I doing wrong???

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I figured it out, I was assuming that I needed to turn volume up 2 then down 2 to turn surround , as the instruction for the over counter kicker upgrade amp.
It may do the same , I now have surround sound page on my evic!!!! Whack is great!!!, but don't know if everyone get this, or because it came out of a srt8???

Do u guy that have bought the kicker 8 channel amp from mopar, do u now have the surround sound page on ur evic?????

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i have the kicker 368 watt 8 channel amp with 8 BA speakers. the digital surround sound turns on/off with the 2 clicks up and 2 clicks down on the volume button. i do not have any surround sound menu in the EVIC pages.

where is that menu page?

your 322 watt RC-5 amp is different than mine

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Our 2010 Jeep with MyGig has the surround sound/Stereo setting on the EVIC menu.
Surround sound is great on DVDs (movies) but sounds bad on music. Much better on stereo setting on music.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I miss wrote the wattage it is 368 on mine, if I hit the "home" button on the steering wheel, then the "pages" button, first screen on the evic is " system ok", hit pages button again "personal setting" next is now" surround side mode" I can choose stero, audio surround, video surround. I guess since this is a oem challenger srt8 kicker amp, that when I plugged it in , it added the surround page on the evic? Which I am extremely happy to have!. The upgrade amp that can be bought over te counter must just use the volume up/ down since some cars won't havethe evic option.

So if you buy a used 368 watt kicker amp out of a srt8 that has evic option
, when u install it u will get the surround sound page on the evic!!!!
Maybe everyone already knows this????

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i don't have that menu in my EVIC. maybe i can add it.

are you sure you have a 368 watt amp. as far as i know the 13 speaker srt amp is 322 watts and a 200 watt parcel shelf amp. only the Boston Acoustic 8 speaker system has the 368 watt amp. maybe i am wrong?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Our 2010 Jeep with MyGig has the surround sound/Stereo setting on the EVIC menu.
Surround sound is great on DVDs (movies) but sounds bad on music. Much better on stereo setting on music.

agree with this. you guys watching that many movies in the car?

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
agree with this. you guys watching that many movies in the car?
Actually never played a DVD except to test it.:scratchhead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts