Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a 430 to swap with my current 130....I would like to thank everyone who posted their notes on the type of bus speed needed and comparing items that maybe needed and install pics. Especially the pics of where all the clips were it made it easy to pry off. I recieved my radio today from a member here and it was flawless. The install went smooth, just covered shift console to prevent scratches and yanked below bezel and careful pulled it away,remove the screws and the rest was just plug and play...It works and sounds great!! Thanks all again!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just did mine this week also. Yanked out that 130 radio and put in a 430. I could care less for the Nav. I did get the Lockpic harness for videos and a backup camera later on. Best upgrade to date. Really changes the interior, love it! Upgraded the screen on it as we'll with a nice "Challenger R/T Classic" script. Got it from the fellas here in the video section. Had to search thru over 80 pages of thread to find the right one! Got my radio from OEM Auto Parts. Outstanding service. Got it in two days. He set me up with a black screen and the Dodge emblem with the hash marks. Couldn't be more pleased with all of it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just did mine this week also. Yanked out that 130 radio and put in a 430. I could care less for the Nav. I did get the Lockpic harness for videos and a backup camera later on. Best upgrade to date. Really changes the interior, love it! Upgraded the screen on it as we'll with a nice "Challenger R/T Classic" script. Got it from the fellas here in the video section. Had to search thru over 80 pages of thread to find the right one! Got my radio from OEM Auto Parts. Outstanding service. Got it in two days. He set me up with a black screen and the Dodge emblem with the hash marks. Couldn't be more pleased with all of it.
How much was it? I've been searching for one for awhile.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts
How much was it? I've been searching for one for awhile.

Funny thing happened. I was searching the Forum for radios, to no avail, when I got an email from the ****** saying I could get a 10% discount at OEM if I mentioned them. So I called OEM Auto Parts and received the discount. The radio was $499 and the Lockpic harness was $289, and then add the 10% discount, w/free shipping.......it came to $706. It was my Birthday/Christmas present. Wife if off the hook this year. :bigthumb: Link to OEM below.
OEM Auto Parts Co. Best thing I did!! It really is as simple to install as everyone says. Even the Lockpic harness. All plug and play. Good luck!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Funny thing happened. I was searching the Forum for radios, to no avail, when I got an email from the ****** saying I could get a 10% discount at OEM if I mentioned them. So I called OEM Auto Parts and received the discount. The radio was $499 and the Lockpic harness was $289, and then add the 10% discount, w/free shipping.......it came to $706. It was my Birthday/Christmas present. Wife if off the hook this year. :bigthumb: Link to OEM below.
OEM Auto Parts Co. Best thing I did!! It really is as simple to install as everyone says. Even the Lockpic harness. All plug and play. Good luck!!
Wow. That's kool...thanks for the link and info. I am shocked at the price difference though, between the 430 ($500) and the 430N ($1300). That's insane. I'd love to have the 430N but not for 160% more $.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, Could you tell me where and how to change the front display? Right now it just has the time...Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi, Could you tell me where and how to change the front display? Right now it just has the time...Thanks
Mine has just the time also. During set up it asked me if I wanted to keep it or leave it blank. I chose the time. I am not sure how to get that choice of options back, will have to play with it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The extra features of the 430 is one thing, but does anyone know if sound quality & volume is better than the 130?

I personally think its better. It has a 3 band EQ in it that helps. Depending on your ear for music, it pulls a little bit out of a CD. Not an amazing difference mind you, suttle, but better. Audio geeks will say it falls way short. I don't need a 1000 amp system. I'm old, still like the '70's music. I bought the 430 for looks and DVD function. Does all I need it to do, very happy. I ordered mine with the black background. Dressed it up with a "Challenger R/T Classic" font in the small window and I am thrilled each time I turn it on. I am easily impressed. :roller:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Because I have hearing loss its hard for me to hear the highs and I wasnt getting this from the 130 but this has the EQ and it has improved a little I can now pick up the highs.....And like he said ....It looks good too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts