Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to remove my 392 half covers. Now seems a big empty black space.

Will it do any harm not having them?

What can I use to put in there that will fit with this setup?

Hopefully someone else has had this problem before and can help with some ideas. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you decide you want to sell your half covers at a good price let me know. Thanks, John

·
Registered
177 Posts
I understand I can trim the stock 392 half covers to fit. Has anyone done this for a 392/Cervini's install that can share some pictures perhaps? Curious if this is major surgery on a stock set...

Any idea on what Petty's Garage is doing for their installs?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I understand I can trim the stock 392 half covers to fit. Has anyone done this for a 392/Cervini's install that can share some pictures perhaps? Curious if this is major surgery on a stock set...

Any idea on what Petty's Garage is doing for their installs?
dtafil - Did you ever see any pics of the modified stock engine covers? I'm curious also, since I will be installing the cervini shaker hood tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I just took mine off, there is no ill-effect. Did you remove your fuel rail hats too or trim them? I just took those off too.

Modifying the half covers looks like it would take a surgeon's touch with a dremel. I may get to this in the future, I'd have to buy a dremel first though. Of bigger concern to me is my nasty-looking coolant reservoir that is now very visible.

·
Registered
177 Posts
dtafil - Did you ever see any pics of the modified stock engine covers? I'm curious also, since I will be installing the cervini shaker hood tomorrow.
Took mine off and left them off... months later, no issues. Looked like waaaaay too much material to remove from the stock covers. I'll probably wind up with a set of covers from Billet Technology.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Took mine off and left them off... months later, no issues. Looked like waaaaay too much material to remove from the stock covers. I'll probably wind up with a set of covers from Billet Technology.
Thanks. One more question. Did you leave the black felt covering over the fuel rails on or off?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
940 Posts
On my 09 6.1 trimming the covers worked out great you couldn't even tell it had been done. Don't know about the 6.4, Sorry!!!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks. One more question. Did you leave the black felt covering over the fuel rails on or off?

Took the felt covering off as well; fuel rails are exposed. Looks OK as the chrome matches up with some other stainless steel and billet pieces.

Did you happen to order stripes and were promised a new breather filter with your order?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I didn't order it new. I bought it from another CT member. He took good care of it though. I just had to have the hood painted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts