Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting in a new audio system this weekend and decided that while I had the seats out I'd put in heated seats. I decided against the stock heated seats upgrade as I though it wasn't worth it. So I got a kit off amazon that had good reviews and installed them. There's pads that go between the seat foam and upholstery and a switch I installed on the Radio faceplate, as you can see it looks pretty natural and I'm really happy with it, real hot. Electrically it was simple, power and ground. The hardest part is the seats, but I had replaced the leather before so it wasn't anything new. Let me know if you got any questions, didn't take any pics of the install, sorry, I didn't have the time to stop and take pictures this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Very clean job on the switch install, looks like it was meant to be there. This is an install job I had been curious about, although my Challenger has them, my next truck may not, and I know I'll want them in any future vehicle.
Well done.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You did a better job than the Dealer did on my GFs mustang...

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Only $29.00?! Seriously? I'm probably going to get some of those. I don't have a clue how to take the seat covers apart but I have a friend who can do it.

One question... Does the system have auto shutoff? For $29.00 I can't imagine it's very sophisticated.

·
Registered
876 Posts
rather than use the switches that came with the new seats, did you give any thought to buying the OEM switch set up? Don't get me wrong, NO disrespect intended, those switches look clean as a whistle. Just wondering if there were headaches avoided (or too much additional extra cost) by not using OEM's from a donor car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rather than use the switches that came with the new seats, did you give any thought to buying the OEM switch set up? Don't get me wrong, NO disrespect intended, those switches look clean as a whistle. Just wondering if there were headaches avoided (or too much additional extra cost) by not using OEM's from a donor car.
I looked into it heavily, but I didn't want to drop $100 on the Radio bezel that had the slots. And I thought cutting a circular hole in my bezel is ALOT easier than cutting a square hole.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was putting in a new audio system this weekend and decided that while I had the seats out I'd put in heated seats. I decided against the stock heated seats upgrade as I though it wasn't worth it. So I got a kit off amazon that had good reviews and installed them. There's pads that go between the seat foam and upholstery and a switch I installed on the Radio faceplate, as you can see it looks pretty natural and I'm really happy with it, real hot. Electrically it was simple, power and ground. The hardest part is the seats, but I had replaced the leather before so it wasn't anything new. Let me know if you got any questions, didn't take any pics of the install, sorry, I didn't have the time to stop and take pictures this weekend.
Great job man it looks really clean I want to do the same with my challenger. how did you connected the power?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts