Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed Blastin Bob's resonator eliminators on the 392 yesterday. This is the same kit made for the previous SRT's that I also had on my 2009. Once again I went with just the straight pipe. They fit just fine.

This mod is not for the faint of heart. I was not expecting how loud it was going to be. It is MUCH louder than my 6.1 was with this kit. You can hear and feel every one of the 470 horses trying to run. I like it but many will find it too loud.

An added benefit is it also elminated about 40 pounds of weight.

This is still the best bang for the buck when it comes to exhaust sound enhancement. Very pleased.

·
Registered
75 Posts
any videos of the setup? Would love to hear it on the 392...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Yeah I'd love to hear this! I have no intention on doing it! But would love to hear it :)

I am going the cutout route so that I can make noise when I want it.. There are lots of times I don't want it to be brain shaking loud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool!! but....how's the drone?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool!! but....how's the drone?
I put about 100 miles on the car yesterday to test for drone. Although you can hear the exhaust when driving I'd have to say there is very little if any drone.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Mine is in the mail right now! YES!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I installed Blastin Bob's resonator eliminators on the 392 yesterday. This is the same kit made for the previous SRT's that I also had on my 2009. Once again I went with just the straight pipe. They fit just fine.

This mod is not for the faint of heart. I was not expecting how loud it was going to be. It is MUCH louder than my 6.1 was with this kit. You can hear and feel every one of the 470 horses trying to run. I like it but many will find it too loud.

This is still the best bang for the buck when it comes to exhaust sound enhancement. Very pleased.
I gotta hear this on your 392! It would seem like removing 40 lbs of weight and no resonators for better flow would equate to a faster car, even if only a little. What diameter is the stock exhaust, anyone? I wonder if it is 3 inch.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh what the hell, just ordered mine ill take the chance for $200 shipped and will post a video to this thread before and after install :) Gotta love impulse buying! LOL! Also have a dyno day on June 11th so I will post the results too

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I'll through up some vids when I get mine also. I can't wait to see the dyno numbers. I am not expecting any kind of big diff on the dyno. But you never know.

Oh what the hell, just ordered mine ill take the chance for $200 shipped and will post a video to this thread before and after install :) Gotta love impulse buying! LOL! Also have a dyno day on June 11th so I will post the results too

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'll through up some vids when I get mine also. I can't wait to see the dyno numbers. I am not expecting any kind of big diff on the dyno. But you never know.
I lost a dyno trophy to a guy who removed his resonators, I had zoomers and a CAI. I really expect 5 to 10 HP but we will see...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Videos!!!!! Or sound clips

·
Registered
382 Posts

Please elaborate more. I am totally green about Blastin Bob's resonater eliminator. Our current 392's have 2 3/4 inch piping throughout so what does Blastin Bob's come with?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Please elaborate more. I am totally green about Blastin Bob's resonater eliminator. Our current 392's have 2 3/4 inch piping throughout so what does Blastin Bob's come with?
Its basically a straight pipe that eliminates the resonators, what the Blastin bob setup offers is a deeper richer sound, not sure if you gain any HP but I heard you might loose low end Torque, but you gain the sound that our cars should have come with. This what the resonators look like you have them on both sides:
11.jpg

Here is what one of the Blastin bobs kit looks like:
12.jpg

Here's a video clip of a 6.1 with their resonators on and in the same clip they have the Blasting Bobs kit installed

·
Registered
392 Posts
Blastin Bob's installed

Just finished my 392 Blastin Bob's Resonator eliminator kit. Took about an hour. What a difference! Dyno results coming June 11th. I have some more video of the installation and sound within the car windows up if interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is Awesome!! sounds a lot more aggressive then the 6.1. Thanks for the post bro.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Videos don't do these pipes justice. I've had them for a few months now. Love the sound but losing 25lbs off the back made my traction problem even worse. Now I have some 285 rear tires on order.

·
Registered
392 Posts
You might notice in my after install part of the video there is a scratch on the spoiler. I accidentally left the trunk open while the car was lifted and my bro closed the garage door so the lever thingy hit my trunk and scratched the stripe. I ordered new stripes cost about 90 bucks and gotta get them installed. Anyway, I still saved a lot of money going the route of Blastin Bob's so I dont mind so much.... $200 dollars versus $1500 for a Corsa.....Im happy!

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Blastin install

I have Blastin on my 08 SRT8..So does "Cannonballcobb" his HO R/T is equipped w/Blastin.:thumbsup:

I like mine..just the right muscle for me ! I don't miss the 25lbs at all.

:redblob::redblob:

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I got mine installed yesterday. The sound is amazing. It makes the car sound like a muscle car now. Only thing I didn't like about the set up was cutting the resonators off. But sometimes you have to sacrifice. I’ll also put up some videos when I get the time.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts