Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my BT Ball Shifter this afternoon. Took a whole 3 minutes, if not less, to do haha. Looks great to me though, much better than the OEM pistol grip...much much better. Feels great too, went with the flat black anodized ball and am very happy with the product.

Only thing I would want to change now is this: is there a shorter shifter "stick" that I can buy? The OEM one is fine, but I wouldnt mind it to be a little shorter. Also, is there anything, besides getting a manual boot, that I can change my shift plate out with? Thanks guys.

Sorry if the pictures dont come out too great, my camera isnt the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks good. Nice mod. I like the look of the black.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Want a different shifter plate - Hurst

is there anything, besides getting a manual boot, that I can change my shift plate out with? Thanks guys.
Looks great!

The Hurst Shifter Kit for the Autostick Challenger has an beautiful aluminum plate, and the stick MAY be a little shorter - but I am not positive. I am hoping to get mine installed on mine this weekend. Will post a pic or two when I get it in on your thread if you don't mind.

Again, I think your BT ball looks great! Good choice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I've got the same thing in red, with a matching cover plate. Just as easy to install as the ball.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the same thing in red, with a matching cover plate. Just as easy to install as the ball.
Where did you buy the matching cover plate? Do you know if they also sell a matching cover trim (the stainless piece holding the plate down)?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Autostick Shift plate

Kuda was right - i am not sure where he got his, but I found this plate on Billet Tech's website:
Challenger Shift Insert 08-10

Pretty cool, plus I bet there are lots of color and engraving options. I didn't dig too hard as it is getting late!

Good luck!
APM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
They were running a special when I got mine. The ball, shift plate, and shaft sleeve all came together. My ball and plate are engraved with an R/T logo. You re-use the stock crome plate trim.

Kuda was right - i am not sure where he got his, but I found this plate on Billet Tech's website:
Challenger Shift Insert 08-10

Pretty cool, plus I bet there are lots of color and engraving options. I didn't dig too hard as it is getting late!

Good luck!
APM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey I'm selling my factory exhaust from my 2010 challenger rt six speed with only 1100 miles on it with my factory cai with only 100 miles on it asking $700 or best offer I'm in rockland county new york

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hey I'm selling my factory exhaust from my 2010 challenger rt six speed with only 1100 miles on it with my factory cai with only 100 miles on it asking $700 or best offer I'm in rockland county new york

Put it in the classifieds. The discussion in this thread has nothing to do with exhaust.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
LOOK!! A butterfly!:notallthere:

j/k.... Kinda..lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had a auto mitsu outlander that had a similar layout for the shifter. I took the plate off and used a leather boot. I didnt like the bulkyness of the plate and shifter. It really cleaned up the whole console.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks garcia for helping with that. The shift plate is nice, but I want to replace that trim. Mine has gotten a lot of scratches on it somehow and I want to get rid of the chrome. I guess I could just paint it? But with what?

·
Registered
210 Posts
toupare17 could you send me some pictures of the gts smoked taillights on your challenger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts