Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the MOPAR CAI somewhat reluctantly today. I got it for $408 from the dealer, and said what the heck... Install was what one would expect. It was very simple and quick. It LOOKS fantastic LOL. And I figured that's why I was installing it in the end. Then I took the car out for a spin! Wow! Throttle response is much better. It really feels like it wants to go fast. Down side is, my 0-60 dropped from a previous best time of 5.15 to about 5.35 best time (got one 5.79), due to wheel spin (with traction control on). I need to work a little bit on the lauch I guess.... Wheel spin wasn't an issue before. I previously installed the CORSA Xtreme cat-back, and my Diablo tuner should be here tomorrow. The CAI seems to have woken the HEMI up quite a bit, though. So... great!

2014 R/T Classic, Super Track Pack, 6-Speed Man
MOPAR CAI
CORSA Xtreme Cat-back
Diablo Intune I-1000 DCX (INBOUND)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Wait till you put the tuner on ....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well guys, ya'll must be doing something I'm not. At 35K miles, (last weekend) I installed new plugs and the K&N CAI on my 2010 5.7L Automatic and programmed in the 91 octane tune with a new Diablo InTune and added 10% throttle boost and changed the shift firmness. No error codes everything went successfully. Although the car is a bit crisper and sounds better (have Flowmaster Delta 50's and X pipe), I just am not as impressed as many others on this forum. Guess I may have been expecting more? Any tricks of the trade comments are welcome.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well guys, ya'll must be doing something I'm not. At 35K miles, (last weekend) I installed new plugs and the K&N CAI on my 2010 5.7L Automatic and programmed in the 91 octane tune with a new Diablo InTune and added 10% throttle boost and changed the shift firmness. No error codes everything went successfully. Although the car is a bit crisper and sounds better (have Flowmaster Delta 50's and X pipe), I just am not as impressed as many others on this forum. Guess I may have been expecting more? Any tricks of the trade comments are welcome.
Invest in a custom tune.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, Thanks Triz, I'm all ears. How do I proceed? Take it to a speed shop? Is this something Diablo can help with? I'm a bit ignorant as to what a custom tune involves.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Ok, Thanks Triz, I'm all ears. How do I proceed? Take it to a speed shop? Is this something Diablo can help with? I'm a bit ignorant as to what a custom tune involves.
Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread, but Johan at Diablo can help with a custom tune, so can Hemifever (Google that name). They should be able to dial everything in via email (both give great directions on how to send things back and forth) so no need to go to a speed shop. I used Hemifever and noticed a big improvement versus the canned tunes. Others in my area have used Johan with no complaints. Both are very capable.

Just drop them an email and they will let you know what to do next.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just loaded the 91 tune. (got the DCX this morning). It definitely has a touch more power. The wheel spin was excessive (I left traction control ON too). I went right through 1st and 2nd gears spinning away LOL. BUT, the thing I was most looking forward to... was not an option. Shutting off the skip shift. I posted on the Diablo forum, hopefully there is a solution. They helped a 2011 SRT owner eliminate it, maybe they can help me too!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Simmonz,
Mike from Diablo a.k.a. "DiabloMike" actually already sent me a "custom" tune and posted it on the Diablo forum for me to download and add to the tuner. I sent him my last tune and he disabled the skip shift. Thank you though. All is good! And man, the challenger has woken up! It's a beast!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts