Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished installing last night the Mopar SRT8 suspension kit with Stack Performance sway bars on my R/T. The ride is now very nice, handles great, no sway in the cornering. The kit dropped the car about an inch without having a harsh ride. Took one of my favorite onramps this morning there was quite a difference in the handling. Big smile on my face.

Special thanks to BlueGMan3 and Speedys garage for their great videos on youtube for installation assistance. Also to Harbor Freight and Tools for my newly purchased air tools that made the job a lot easier.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Do you have 18" or 20" wheels?

Dropped by 1"? That's my only concern. I know it would look better and handle better. But one inch would mean that I would scrape the bottom when getting too close to sidewalks or those silly parking lot concrete barriers. Had any issues with that yet?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, this the Mopar Performance suspension Challenger SRT8 P5155435 kit. So far it tracks straight and true but I'm taking it in this weekend to have the alignment checked.

I have the 20" wheels on my R/T. The one inch drop so far hasn't caused any issues with driveways and parking barriers, but I try not to drive right up on the parking barriers. Even at stock height some barriers still are too tall and scrape.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I did the same. The initial drop on mine was 5/8" The additional 3/8" took 2 months and 1,000 mi. I'm now pleased to have 1" drop and the handling/cornering improved 50% ride comfort decreased by 25% Spoiler slghtly rubs parking stops. Bilsteins have a long history of reliability. Thanks Speedy for a great video!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts