Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

I installed a set of Petty's Garage Bolt-on Sub-Frame Connectors today. They fit great and went on in no time. I haven't got to drive the car with them on yet since it's still cold and snowy here, but if they help as good as they look I'm sure I'll be happy. Here's a few pics:

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
408 Posts
Finally build pictures from someone. Thanks for sharing. This mod's not for me but I'm getting bored as hell and this is welcomed. Everyone doing winter mods should share like this. The site got boring lately.

How long for the install, was the kit complete and what was the worst PITA ?

Did you do some measurements before and after to get a scientific result ? For example, lowering two stands in diagonal before and after to measure the difference in torsion.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
looks nice and stiff, how much was it complete and how long to install?

Good work too...:)

Any drilling mods etc needed?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Install took about an hour, me and a friend each working one side. The kit was complete other than missing 4 nuts. I didn't do any tests as of yet, but based on the design and build quality I'd say these will help. I chose these over the other brands that are out there because they are tri-angulated and didn't require any welding.

I also installed some Eibach Sway Bars last weekend, I'll take some pics and post them when I get the chance.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks nice and stiff, how much was it complete and how long to install?

Good work too...:)

Any drilling mods etc needed?
Thanks! They were $229 plus shipping and took about an hour to install. They utilized existing factory holes, only requiring 2 new holes to be drilled.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't see that those would help all that much, I would rather see subframe connectors that connect the front cradle ot the rear cradle. Most of the movement will be between the cradles and the body.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I don't see that those would help all that much, I would rather see subframe connectors that connect the front cradle ot the rear cradle. Most of the movement will be between the cradles and the body.
I'm sure these will do a good job of connecting the sub-frames together. I don't know of anything that ties the cradles together, that would be a cradle-connector. Haha :guiness:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Agreed...and welded, but let us know if you really notice the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts