Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 2009 SRT8 Challenger
Mods: AFe CAI, Predator, BT catch can, and 180deg t-stat.

I ordered the Billet Technologies catch can from Maryland Speed. It doesn't fit very well coupled with my AFe CAI... the hose that runs on the driver's side of the catch can rubs on the coupler that connects the TB to the intake tube. Any solutions for this? most likley buy a different catch can or intake.

The 180 degree t-stat went pretty easily, but I'm unsure if I've burped the coolant system enough. I simply poured the coolant back into the reservoir... I'm concerned that there is an air pocket trapped. Is there a specific procedure for doing this or do people just pour the coolant back in and forget about it?

I got the Predator 91 oct CAI "tune" installed. I moddified the fans to operate at a lower temperature for the t-state. I chose 181 for the low speed and 188 for the high speed...I may space these out more. Any recommendations?

I'm running 92 octane (mandated 10% Ethanol) in the tank on the 91 octane tune, and during logging the PID's... specifically Knock retard.... I noticed in their base tune that the engine was pulling about 4 degrees of timing. I added some fuel to see if that would help... nope. Pulled 2 degrees of timing, and that settled it down. Now the car pulls clean through 3rd gear with 1-2 counts of knock per pull.

I find it strange that I'm having knock issues with a 91 octane tune, whilst using 92 octane... in 40 degree weather... at sea level!

It could be that the catch can has only begun to work its magic.... but I don't know.

Thank you in advance for reading and helping. Its much appreciated. :)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I did the 180 tstat near exactly as you stated (1k miles later) and have never seen an issue nor worried. If it's an issue, perhaps I need to listen in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Temp here dropped down below freezing today and i got a CEL. GRRRRR! When I plugged in my code scanner I got Coolant Temp to low. Guess i gotta put the stock one back in.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
if you have a 6 speed 91 octane tune sucks I would not use it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts