Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very impressed with the quality of the exhaust as well as how quickly it was shipped, I ordered it on Monday and it got here today, Friday.

It took about 1.5 hours start to finish with nothing more than a couple of ramps, a jack, some wrenches and a creeper. Very little time required to get everything lined up, the welds are beautiful and the clamps worked like a charm.

Once installed, I took it for a drive up the road (a few stop lights) and a few miles up the freeway, specifically up a hill to test for drone. NONE. 6th gear, up hill, 1600-2000 RPM and NO DRONE. HOLY CRAP. Totally awesome. Just cruising you can't hear a thing with the windows up, but get on it and you can make out the tone of the exhaust but it's not intrusive into the cabin. Roll the windows down and you can hear it roar. Love it love it love it.

Here's a before and after video.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Sounds like you did a lot of research and put a lot of thought into it. Glad you are happy with your exhaust. Sometimes it's hard to get it right the first time. I had Borla, hated it and now am happy as a fat cat with Zoomers. :clap:

Now all you need to do is update your sig. ;)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Very glad to hear, give it a few more miles and watch how sound gets deeper!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I may trade out my ATAK for the Solo.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah easy to install. I did mine in my buddies driveway with a jack and a couple stands. It does get deeper the more miles you put on it. 6th gear on the freeway is practically dead quiet. Its the best of everything, No drone, great quality and finish, excellent sound and not overly expensive. You made the right choice. Plus I really like the round tips.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Deeper is definitely fine with me. :D I really like the round tips as well, I think they look great and are a nice change from the factory tips. The square tips didn't do anything for me, either.

Considering a lot of the other cat-backs are well over $1,000 I think the Solo is a steal considering it's mandrel bent stainless and the muffler and tips are polished. I just wish I'd done it sooner. :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Considering a lot of the other cat-backs are well over $1,000 I think the Solo is a steal considering it's mandrel bent stainless and the muffler and tips are polished. I just wish I'd done it sooner. :)
^^^This right here. Great quality exhaust and can't beat the customer service. Sounds great BTW.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Sounds great, I know I love mine.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Best mod to date for me. Have over 8k miles on mine. Still brings a smile when ever I hit wot

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Interesting going with the j pipes on a 6 speed. I read others doing that as well. I have a 6speed R/T with the non j pipe SOLO system and sounds absolutely great. I can honestly say no drone as well.

I used to have the Blastin bobs glass packs on the stock system and was fairly happy with that setup. I just didn't like the sound at WOT. There was also very slight non-annoying drone in that range that we all know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
221 Posts
Another Solo brother to join the ranks! Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Why the J-pipes on a 6 speed?

Just curious. I believe the J-pipes can be adjusted to eliminate drone (if any) is that correct?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations!! I know exactly how you feel, and I couldn't be happier with the Solo performance/sound!

I wasn't offered a choice of with or without the J pipes for M6, mine came with the J.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just curious. I believe the J-pipes can be adjusted to eliminate drone (if any) is that correct?
That's correct, you can adjust the length of the J-pipe to tune out drone at specific frequencies should you have any. My concern was that the additional sound from the headers might cause drone with the non-J-pipe system and I didn't want to take any chances, so I went with the J-pipes.

Congratulations!! I know exactly how you feel, and I couldn't be happier with the Solo performance/sound!

I wasn't offered a choice of with or without the J pipes for M6, mine came with the J.
Haven't heard from anyone yet that's been unhappy with their Solo, that's awesome! :D

They do offer both systems on their site, FYI.

J-pipe - Dodge Challenger Performance Exhaust System | R/T Auto - CAT Back Exhaust Kit 2008-PRESENT Dodge Challenger | Performance Exhaust System
No J-pipe - Dodge Challenger Performance Exhaust System | R/T Standard - CAT Back Exhaust Kit 2008-PRESENT Dodge Challenger | Performance Exhaust System

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts