Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I thought about the same thing then it came down to that a stock hellcat box will do the same thing as a cold air intake other then the boot but its short anyway. I guess it's all on what I want to see under the hood really. Imo

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,195 Posts
Stock flows damn good. CAI's are mostly cosmetic on our cars.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about the same thing then it came down to that a stock hellcat box will do the same thing as a cold air intake other then the boot but its short anyway. I guess it's all on what I want to see under the hood really. Imo

hhhhhh yeah bro i was thinking to install it today but i said let me ask everyone and see the feedback :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
Most of them gather hot air from the engine bay anyway or have a special filter that u can only get from the company so now u have to order it & it may take a while to get it & that all dosen't make sense either.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
719 Posts
Np. For the price of a hell cat box from the dealers that help us out its much easier.

Go to ebay, where I went, and for pick one up...Hellcat Box and intake tube...

Added info...Purchsed 2 DIPS screens, one for the Hellcat Airbox intake tube, and one for the drivers side...Opened just to let in more air to engine bay...Some cooling...

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
I went with the HC airbox bottom and tube, along with the OEM HC filter and DIPS screen.

Totally happy as the AIT's were reduced, and driveability improved in hot weather.

Luke at SW had a great price, in stock, and fast shipping.

37785.jpg
44945.jpg

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
What about the air intake in one of the daytime running lights? Isn't that already on an good enough?

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
This was the info I needed. Thanks.
You bet. You won't get any HP bump that's noticeable, and intake noise remains the same too.

But, a crisper throttle response in hot weather and lower AIT's are worth it.

The DIPS screen is just a little bling. Not needed, but IMO look cool.

·
Registered
923 Posts
You bet. You won't get any HP bump that's noticeable, and intake noise remains the same too.

But, a crisper throttle response in hot weather and lower AIT's are worth it.

The DIPS screen is just a little bling. Not needed, but IMO look cool.
Perfect! I did the Hellcat box and tube like everyone else but was curious about a higher flowing filter.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts