Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yea im done with the conversation as well. I provided data, an analysis and explained in detail how/when one will outperform the others, you provided irrelevant data and an opinion.

Seems more like you are trying to ignore the evidence or chose not to believe it so you can convince yourself you made the right choice. Which is fine, I have said it several times its up to personal opinion if the extra $200 is worth the better heat dissipation and lower intake temps. If $200 is expensive to you, then modding these Hemi's is a poor choice for a hobby lol.

Either way an intake alone is not going to make much of a difference but when you keep adding parts it compounds. Temperature makes a big difference in these Hemi's. Wanting an improvement while watching the wallet vs having the absolute best regardless of cost is a personal choice.
Your data is not significant, your data is based on ONE CAR your data is Based ONE TEST, your data only proves that in your case it works, but it’s not a representation how it will work on all cars, it may work for you and it may not work for others, you can’t take a data from one car from one test and claim that it’s the same for all cars,

For example my brother lives in AZ over 107 degrees and literally 0 wind speeds ; you stick any intake even yours and it’s not going to perform it’s hot AF i don’t car where you pull the air from it’s all hot air
You come where I live where is 70 degrees a cool ocean breeze and shocker same intake better results

Your data is not King your data does not mean that every other data is invalid,

But I will stroke your ego
Yes you have the most expensive and the best CAI ever built, yes your data based one car based one test is the only that matters and no other test that shows that It may not work it’s all Invalid

Yes I am poor that’s why I purchased a fully loaded Scat pack and throw in a few grand in modifications cus I am so poor

So there you win, I stroked your ego happy gave you the validation you were looking for happy now butter cup geez

They are plenty of threads of how Your intake has not worked like it worked on yours so you believe what you want to believe but when the majority of the consensus state that it makes no difference then you can choose to ignore it but it does make the consensus wrong
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can't say for the Hemi equipped challengers, but the 3.6 V6's have a square 'box' that hangs off of the intake tub the muffles the sound when you get on the pedal. The CAI's that come with the tube that connects to the throttle body do not have this 'box', and therefore you can hear the engine inside the cab when you get on it. Other than that, not that much improvement in air flow, but I suppose if you are after every bit of HP gain, it could be worthy.

Another thread on a different forum on this site has a you-tube vid of this sound.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Can't say for the Hemi equipped challengers, but the 3.6 V6's have a square 'box' that hangs off of the intake tub the muffles the sound when you get on the pedal. The CAI's that come with the tube that connects to the throttle body do not have this 'box', and therefore you can hear the engine inside the cab when you get on it. Other than that, not that much improvement in air flow, but I suppose if you are after every bit of HP gain, it could be worthy.

Another thread on a different forum on this site has a you-tube vid of this sound.
I forget it's name, but that box has a specific name and job, but not as a sound muffler ( but that may be secondary )

What Does an Air Intake Resonator Do?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Your data is not significant, your data is based on ONE CAR your data is Based ONE TEST, your data only proves that in your case it works, but it’s not a representation how it will work on all cars, it may work for you and it may not work for others, you can’t take a data from one car from one test and claim that it’s the same for all cars,

For example my brother lives in AZ over 107 degrees and literally 0 wind speeds ; you stick any intake even yours and it’s not going to perform it’s hot AF i don’t car where you pull the air from it’s all hot air
You come where I live where is 70 degrees a cool ocean breeze and shocker same intake better results

Your data is not King your data does not mean that every other data is invalid,

But I will stroke your ego
Yes you have the most expensive and the best CAI ever built, yes your data based one car based one test is the only that matters and no other test that shows that It may not work it’s all Invalid

Yes I am poor that’s why I purchased a fully loaded Scat pack and throw in a few grand in modifications cus I am so poor

So there you win, I stroked your ego happy gave you the validation you were looking for happy now butter cup geez

They are plenty of threads of how Your intake has not worked like it worked on yours so you believe what you want to believe but when the majority of the consensus state that it makes no difference then you can choose to ignore it but it does make the consensus wrong
Yep struck a nerve there.

I live in TX, if you would have even looked at my data you would see that the tests were in 105 degree weather. Even in the extreme heat my AIT is at ambient when cruising, it only goes above when slowing or at idle. Your assumptions are flat out wrong.

Theres no such thing as "king" data. I provided the only data in the thread followed up with scenarios where the data matters, which contrary to your claims has been backed up for YEARS on this exact forum. Choose not to believe it if you wish, keep using different intakes to try to disprove my data... It doesnt change the facts.

I wont be responding to this again. My post here was to try to inform the OP and other people that there are more/better options than just the HC mod. This is backed up by years of threads regarding these two intakes and all you have to do to inform yourself (instead of arguing solely on opinion) is search.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Anyways moving on, the consensus on the majority will tell you, that spending hundreds of dollars on CAI is mainly bling and as you can tell or for bragging and pride, you can brag you have a expensive intake and if it’s Thats worth for you a Couple of hundred bucks then you should do it and buy it but if you want to do other mods that actually make a significant change don’t over think the CAI it’s simple they are all virtually do the same and focus on other mods and invest your money there

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yep struck a nerve there.

I live in TX, if you would have even looked at my data you would see that the tests were in 105 degree weather. Even in the extreme heat my AIT is at ambient when cruising, it only goes above when slowing or at idle. Your assumptions are flat out wrong.

Theres no such thing as "king" data. I provided the only data in the thread followed up with scenarios where the data matters, which contrary to your claims has been backed up for YEARS on this exact forum. Choose not to believe it if you wish, keep using different intakes to try to disprove my data... It doesnt change the facts.

I wont be responding to this again. My post here was to try to inform the OP and other people that there are more/better options than just the HC mod. This is backed up by years of threads regarding these two intakes and all you have to do to inform yourself (instead of arguing solely on opinion) is search.
Buttercup your win, your data is the only one that matters, your data shows that the LMI is way way better than any other CAI to ever exist, your data is the only one that matters, and your data disproves the other many data; just be Happy you win anything else?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
I forget it's name, but that box has a specific name and job, but not as a sound muffler ( but that may be secondary )

What Does an Air Intake Resonator Do?
He's referring to the intake tube and cover, not the resonator on the 5.7 intake hose. On the 3.6L it's just a tube with a cosmetic cover

It's likely also meant to muffle the intake noise. The Airaid system uses this stock tube, and did make my exhaust sound deeper. I can't speak to with only the Airaid as I already had the Solo exhaust when I got mine

A Guy

·
Registered
995 Posts
LMI is junk like the rest of them, except with the LMI you can beat your chest and say... "but I have true cold air"

Nobody cares.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
He's referring to the intake tube and cover, not the resonator on the 5.7 intake hose. On the 3.6L it's just a tube with a cosmetic cover

View attachment 996943

View attachment 996944

It's likely also meant to muffle the intake noise. The Airaid system uses this stock tube, and did make my exhaust sound deeper. I can't speak to with only the Airaid as I already had the Solo exhaust when I got mine

A Guy
Doesn't sound anything like what the guy was describing or he's just bad at descriptions. The pic you show is not a box hanging off the tube.

but the 3.6 V6's have a square 'box' that hangs off of the intake tub

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
LMI is junk like the rest of them, except with the LMI you can beat your chest and say... "but I have true cold air"

Nobody cares.
Lots of opinions being thrown around with nothing to back it up. Care to elaborate?

Been off the forum for a few years and the True CAI went from being the intake all the NA record holders were using and THE recommended best intake to you two bashing it. Wonder what changed.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
Doesn't sound anything like what the guy was describing or he's just bad at descriptions. The pic you show is not a box hanging off the tube.
Well that's what we have ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts

Nobody cares.
I agree, it becomes a ego thing, hey look at me! I have a expensive shiny intake lol but hey if a couple of hundreds of bucks is worth for you just to brag about something that nobody cares then I guess go for it lol

·
Registered
20 Posts

View attachment 996943

View attachment 996944

A Guy
Yep. This is what I was refering to. it does muffle the intake noise. With a straight, open tube such as the K&N CAI kits, you will hear a bit of a roar when you get on it.

I'm not going to get involved with the current chest beating that's going on here between a few members on this thread. Just gave my previous observations pertaining to sound difference between a stock air box, and the CAI's that come with just a straight, open tube.

Ford thought it would be cool to include a tube that ran off of the CAI tube to the interior of the passenger compartment of their 5.0 V8 Mustangs. The V6 owners would add this to their Mustangs as well, and save on buying a complete CAI to gain the same noise. Some of the V8 owners would remove this sound tube, as they thought it was "cheezy".

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yep. This is what I was refering to. it does muffle the intake noise. With a straight, open tube such as the K&N CAI kits, you will hear a bit of a roar when you get on it.

I'm not going to get involved with the current chest beating that's going on here between a few members on this thread. Just gave my previous observations pertaining to sound difference between a stock air box, and the CAI's that come with just a straight, open tube.

Ford thought it would be cool to include a tube that ran off of the CAI tube to the interior of the passenger compartment of their 5.0 V8 Mustangs. The V6 owners would add this to their Mustangs as well, and save on buying a complete CAI to gain the same noise. Some of the V8 owners would remove this sound tube, as they thought it was "cheezy".
Your good Nobody sees anything wrong with any of your posts or comments the so called chest beating has literally nothing to do with your post regarding a tube that muffles the sound, so your good

The so called chest beating is ONLY referring to the Super Expensive Legmaker intake or how they chest beating people want to call it the ONLY TRUE CAI

As far the tube or baffle i think many of us don’t have much experience in that so we don’t chime in regarding how it will sound

·
Registered
20 Posts
My mistake in calling it a "box" hanging off of the tube from the filter box to the throttle body. I had not yet removed the large cover to expose the intake tube, bit thanks to 'A Guy', he showed the pic of the stock tube. My experience came from owning a 3.7 V6 Mustang, which had a weird box that hung from the tube. This muffled the sounds an intake would make when you got on the pedal. However, their 5.0 V8's had a tube that ran to the interior to pipe in the sound. Go figure. I'm guessing the flexible pipe and/or the cover in 'A Guy's' pic is somehow muffling the sound.

Wish we had an edit feature; I would have made this correction in my previous post.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
On these forums there are two types of people. Those who research then do real world testing to back up their claims, then those who read a little and buy a product then defend it to the death based on opinion and what they think to be witty jabs.

Were talking about Cold Air Intakes, all they are meant to do is reduce intake temps and dissipate heat faster than stock.

LMI Fender pull will go from heat soaked to ambient IAT's in seconds. It also runs AT ambient when not heat soaked.
LMI Fender Pull.jpg

HC mod takes longer to recover from heat soak (thread and pics below) and runs higher than ambient AIT's when not heat soaked.

HC mod 1.PNG
HC mod 2.PNG

I have proven my point, the discussion is over unless you can bring some actual proof instead of opinion and weak attempts to demean.

·
Registered
20 Posts
"Were talking about Cold Air Intakes, all they are meant to do is reduce intake temps and dissipate heat faster than stock."

Is it also true that cooler intake air assists in making more HP/TQ?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
"Were talking about Cold Air Intakes, all they are meant to do is reduce intake temps and dissipate heat faster than stock."

Is it also true that cooler intake air assists in making more HP/TQ?
Colder air is more dense but there has to be a big difference in temperature in order to impact power significantly. In TX when it drops from 100 to 70 is when I really feel it in the seat of the pants dyno. These Hemi's seem to noticeably reduce output when hot. I wouldnt say you are really making MORE power, just that you are reducing the chances running LESS power.

61 - 80 of 123 Posts