Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
"Were talking about Cold Air Intakes, all they are meant to do is reduce intake temps and dissipate heat faster than stock."

Is it also true that cooler intake air assists in making more HP/TQ?
Cold intake discussion has been beaten to a pulp.

The consensus and the majority of people will tell you all intakes will have the same function and same purpose wether you spend $100 or $400, you can choose to listen to the majority or not

AFE intake, I personally know a person who Dyno his SP With a Hellcat air box and the AFE, with the AFE he got 12-15 more HP in the Dyno, with that being said it’s only one car one test, so we can’t say that all SP will get 12-15 HP, cus others with the AFE have not gained any HP so there is not a big pool of testing, rather than everyone gets different results with AFE some great some not to great

Same thing applies to the LMI, some people get great results with it and some others don’t, I have a friend who runs the LMI on the track on the average he runs .10 second faster but that is on the track but he sees no difference in performance on the street, it performs like a regular intake so in the street it’s mixed results once again one car one test can not determine that all cars will have the same results, LMI was popular back in the day with track racers, but how much credit can we give to the LMI on these modified cars? I am pretty sure it’s all the engine modifications and suspension upgrades that make the record breaking times possible not necessarily the LMI. But on the street some people get good results some don’t get good results once again it’s a mixed bag.

That’s why the majority of people will tell you it’s for bling cus everyone gets different results on the same intake.

My advice Don’t get influenced by all the marketing that you will gain this HP or don’t be influenced by one result or one test cus you may get a total different result and you don’t get what you expect.

My advice purchase the intake that you feel you would like the best. Feel good about your decision cus it’s your car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
So which hood is better and more fuctional? the SP hood with 2 extractors and one air opening on hood or t he SP with "shaker" option? that you pay an $2,200 additional and this option gets in the way of regular oil maintenance.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So which hood is better and more fuctional? the SP hood with 2 extractors and one air opening on hood or t he SP with "shaker" option? that you pay an $2,200 additional and this option gets in the way of regular oil maintenance.
If I could do it all over again, I'll still go non shaker. Heat extraction is one reason, and I've seen the seals on the shakers get wrecked. I'm buying my car for what I like. I can't tell someone else what they should buy, if I'm not paying their car note. So, I just offer my opinion.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If I could do it all over again, I'll still go non shaker. Heat extraction is one reason, and I've seen the seals on the shakers get wrecked. I'm buying my car for what I like. I can't tell someone else what they should buy, if I'm not paying their car note. So, I just offer my opinion.
Sounds good to me.(y)Plus the shaker again is more cosmetic and an extra cost option. The standard hood that comes on SP with those vent extractors are standard no extra cost $$$ and operational/functional against the enemy of heat.:eek:

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts
Well there is that "shaker" option for $2,200 :unsure:
Again it’s bling, you can do the shaker option and the hellcat mod, you can the 2 OEM Dodge proven Mods
I understand on the Scat Pack hood, but the Shaker option on the 5.7 does nothing at all? All show no go!
It's for cosmetics.
Stop spreading mis information. The Shaker is fully functional. Read before posting. LOL

The Shaker hood is fully functional and helps improve the 2015 Challenger's performance by forcing cold, high-pressure air through the hood scoop and feeding a low-restriction air filter. - Motor Trend.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Stop spreading mis information. The Shaker is fully functional. Read before posting. LOL

The Shaker hood is fully functional and helps improve the 2015 Challenger's performance by forcing cold, high-pressure air through the hood scoop and feeding a low-restriction air filter. - Motor Trend.
What we are saying is not that it’s completely useless buy the $2,200 shaker option will not provide more Hp or Lower temperature versus the way cheaper HC or LMI option, although fully functional it will not outperform it, cus a shaker and non shaker SP have the same Factory HP although the shaker is functional but no real gains from it, so the $2,200 shaker is for show and the cool factor since it does not add any HP or lower temperature, compared to a HC air box or other Intakes

·
Registered
453 Posts
I guess you don't get it. But the facts are the the facts. It is a functional. Deal with it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I guess you don't get it. But the facts are the the facts. It is a functional. Deal with it.
Read my previous post Once again we are saying the $2,200 shaker is functional YES FUNCTIONAL however it will not provide better performance versus the lesser expensive HC or LMI intake cus the shaker and non shaker SP have the same HP

So understand yes it functional but one can’t expect better performance from a $2,200 shaker versus a lesser expensive HC or LMI however functional and you won’t get any get gains but you will get a cool or cosmetic factor or as they say bling

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm glad you learned tonight that it is functional and not bling. LOL

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm glad you learned tonight that it is functional and not bling. LOL
Once again we never said it was not functional you need to read the whole thread the question was asked if the shaker option had a higher HP rating
We stated NO, a shaker and non shaker SP have the same HP, so therefore the shaker is purely bling or cosmetics cus Although It functions is the same as the stock airbox and you won’t get anything out, performance wise but you will gain bling or a cosmetic appearance which is the main appealing point of having a shaker, the wow factor but no gain in performance

·
Registered
453 Posts
Again it’s bling, you can do the shaker option and the hellcat mod, you can the 2 OEM Dodge proven Mods

Functional. Learn the facts please. Oh wait, you did tonight. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
ITS BLING!!! Although it’s functional like every other intake....The shaker does not give you any performance gains so it does not give you any gains but you get bling you get a wow factor so yes it’s bling, no performance gains, it functions as a normal stock air box! However with the stock air box you don’t get that wow factor like you do with the shaker option, come dude it’s a functional air box that has more bling

·
Registered
337 Posts
FYI get your facts straight when we say it’s bling we don’t mean it’s useless or nonfunctional but rather it’s bling cus it does no add any performance but it functions as a normal stock box

·
Registered
453 Posts
Glad we got that sorted out boys. Carry on!

·
Registered
337 Posts
That "shaker" package is one hell of a cosmetic effect. VISUAL EFFFECTS.(y):cool:
That’s what we have been saying! ITS BLING! But just cus we say it’s bling it does not mean it’s not functional but rather it does not provide any real performance but people like to assume

·
Registered
453 Posts
Glad you and @STINGRAY have learned the SHAKER HOOD is FUNCTIONAL. Now learn from this for future posting!

81 - 100 of 123 Posts