Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people using for a slave cylinder when they put in a high performance clutch, go with stock?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Go with stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AirborneSilva

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Champ!

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
No worries
I have one as well.

You have a lift or on jacks? Grease up the input shaft lightly it is a pain.

Also

My bell housing for some reason from the factory the dowl pins that are in there, they drilled it all the way thru and mine pushed out and went for a ride inside so take a look at yours. IF IT IS THE SAME RED LOCTITE THEM IN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's at a friends shop up on a lift, he does charge me a little bit and helps out some but it's a shit load better than laying on my back. This is actually the second clutch I've put in, the other was a little over a year ago and has only just a bit over 5,000 miles on it. I will never buy anything that Holley sells again, the piece of crap clutch was a pain from beginning to end! Last time I did buy a Lake bell housing, kinda had to (long story), but now it's safe encase the clutch ever comes apart :oops: also put a driveshaft loop on it. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
U have to BREAk the clutch in, at least 500 miles. Seen so many clutches fail do to this not being done...............

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did drive it easy for quite a few miles but this is direct from their website "No break in period – Install the clutch and drive it! " I don't beat on my car a whole lot, certainly not like others I've seen. I am running 580 HP and 565 Tq at the wheels but this clutch is supposed to handle quite a bit more!

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts
What are people using for a slave cylinder when they put in a high performance clutch, go with stock?
Stock. You're not going to believe the way it grabs once it's in. I believe it's rated at 1,000 whp. I have a about 60 more than you right now, but I'm hoping to have 800 whp once I get my boost fixed, so we'll find out what it can handle.

Reactions: AirborneSilva

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Brother (y)

Reactions: Gila Hemi
1 - 9 of 9 Posts