Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally went and ordered an older style T/A hood for my 2014 RT Plus. I was contemplating doing the Shaker hood , but the T/A won out. I was also going to do the AFR combo Shaker/TA but I didn't feel like working the fibreglass. I will post pictures of the car as it comes along. I have to take the Challacuda out of storage and throw my collision coverage back on her to bring her to the shop. Spring is coming !!!!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Is the hood scoop on the old style T/A hood steel too?

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
I have to take the Challacuda out of storage and throw my collision coverage back on her to bring her to the shop. Spring is coming !!!!:grin2:
If you doing Plymouth themed mods, The new style looks like an AAR scoop....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hood is made of aluminum. I'm guessing that the scoop is aluminum also. Ordered the whole shabang from my local dealership. At first he tried to say that it was a part that you had to pay for each piece (hood, scoop, washer hoses, gasket and screws). After I told him "I don't think so"....he said that I was right and it all comes for one price. I'm pretty sure that I will get everything for less than advertised with my auto body shop discount. ($1300). Maybe later I will add the cold air induction kit that can be attached. That is another $500.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I know that the scoop is plastic. I noticed that the newer 2016 doesn't have the exposed washer nozzles. I don't know if the one I ordered will have them or not. I prefer to not have them and hide them underneath or have them attached to the wiper arms. The hood hasn't arrived yet. They said 3 days and its already 5 days.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hooray !!! My hood finally arrived! Now I just have to re-apply my USAA insurance collision coverage and drive 100 miles to go get her out of storage. The weather is supposed to be wet/snow and freezing conditions for the next few days.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,220 Posts
Here's my fiberglass T/A hood, got about 1800 bucks into this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My T/A hood is FINALLY done !! Looks Bad Azz ! Now it will take some getting used to the bubble sticking up on my hood. By summer I will most likely buy the CAI kit and have that installed. This is the factory aluminum hood with a plastic scoop. Hood was $1120 (body shop price) saved me $300. And I will give my brother a dollar for the install and paint job ! LOL! I paid off all of my car loans and I foresee a bunch of horsepower mods (maybe a supercharger) in the future. I will need a set of tires first. The originals are 75% shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice !!!!! I'm thinking of the SRT SEMA hood for my RT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts