Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger 2020 plus Blacktop Edition
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have Challenger 2020 R/T Plus Black Top Edition and I’m thinking to replace my standard brakes for Wilwood brakes. I need information if I need to programming when I put it

·
Registered
2019 Challenger RT
6 Posts
Just did a Wilwood Aero6 big brake kit for my 2019 RT couple days ago, couldn't be happier. I highly recommend TCE performance; They're the most cost effective route I found going their kit and buying SRT rotors separately. About $1400** for a pair of calipers. Also, the owner Todd is awesome and is helping me with the rear fitment. Did the install myself with no problems. Here's a picture of the fronts:

**I thought it cost 1200 previously but looking at their website again its 1400

Also, just wanted to second what DJ said; no programing needed, wheel speed sensors on the front remain unchanged so you're good to go

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just did a Wilwood Aero6 big brake kit for my 2019 RT couple days ago, couldn't be happier. I highly recommend TCE performance; They're the most cost effective route I found going their kit and buying SRT rotors separately. About $1200 for a pair of calipers. Also, the owner Todd is awesome and is helping me with the rear fitment. Did the install myself with no problems. Here's a picture of the fronts:
View attachment 1015382

Also, just wanted to second what DJ said; no programing needed, wheel speed sensors on the front remain unchanged so you're good to go
Can you send the information about the vendor please I contact SteveWhite Motors and they recommend me the programming installing Wildwood brakes,thank you so much for your information I need the information about the place where you buy the brakes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the vendor,I’m going to call their I need to buy the complete kit front and rear

·
Vendor
12,859 Posts
I contact SteveWhite Parts and the recommended me the programming
Thank you so much
Can you send the information about the vendor please
we did not and if someone did i need to know who so i can have a schooling lesson

Im sure we would have recommend Wilwood

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,135 Posts
I know that you sell Wilwood but I asked if I need to program Wilwood brakes in my car
What would need to be programmed? No mention of it in assembly instructions.

Only thing I can think of is if you get air in the ABS solenoids then you need to cycle the solenoids with a capable scanner or alfaOBD during bleeding process, but no chance of that if you install per instructions.

Just did a Wilwood Aero6 big brake kit for my 2019 RT couple days ago, couldn't be happier. I highly recommend TCE performance; They're the most cost effective route I found going their kit and buying SRT rotors separately. About $1200 for a pair of calipers. Also, the owner Todd is awesome and is helping me with the rear fitment. Did the install myself with no problems. Here's a picture of the fronts:
View attachment 1015382

Good to know, cheapest I saw (with rotors) was +$1600. Almost bought them yesterday but decided to hold out for spring sales. The stock RT brakes are the weak link when you are running a supercharger....you can accelerate fast but forget stopping just as fast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2019 Challenger RT
6 Posts
Good to know, cheapest I saw (with rotors) was +$1600. Almost bought them yesterday but decided to hold out for spring sales. The stock RT brakes are the weak link when you are running a supercharger....you can accelerate fast but forget stopping just as fast.
I can imagine, the stock brakes are good for daily driving but that changes once you have more power. Once I install the rear brakes I will do a write up on the whole job.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,135 Posts
I can imagine, the stock brakes are good for daily driving but that changes once you have more power. Once I install the rear brakes I will do a write up on the whole job.
Looking forward to it. I too want to upgrade front and back...just getting the slush funds ready. Wish I was getting the stimuluses...stimuli...oh the covid government money.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger RT
6 Posts
I found the vendor,I’m going to call their I need to buy the complete kit front and rear
Let me know if you need any more info. If you're buying rears then you should let the seller know you have a 2020 model, as there may need to be some changes to the bracket for it to fit properly. Also you will need to get a set of SRT rotors for the job.

I double checked TCE and their price was closer to 1400, not 1200. With rotors the price is similar to what you found for $1600. My bad on that number

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,633 Posts
Reactions: gerv

·
Registered
290 Posts
Bot or someone that does not speak english. Syntax is off

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,633 Posts
Oh I read it...

I've also read all Luke's posts, and yours....sounds like yours, not Luke's.

A Guy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh I read it...

I've also read all Luke's posts, and yours....sounds like yours, not Luke's

A Guy
I do not need you to believe me I have all the conversations with Luke in my private mail, he was nice to me when I wrote to buy the brakes but when I asked him about the programming that was his answer, I have nothing personal against him , human beings are not perfect.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts