Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the Clear Bra or ScotchGuard Pro Series pain protection film installed over their rally stripes? I was planning to install this on the front and then realized the black SRT stripes travel down the front clip. So not sure if this is a deal breaker when using the clear vinyl paint protection.

·
Registered
752 Posts
My installer trimmed the clear bra around the stripes. If you cover the stripe it will make that portion shiny.

He did a really good job. It looks like the clear bra was designed to fit around the stripes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
My installer trimmed the clear bra around the stripes. If you cover the stripe it will make that portion shiny.

He did a really good job. It looks like the clear bra was designed to fit around the stripes.

Same here.

In fact, the two different places that installed the clear bra on my last two vehicles did the same thing.

If your installer can't do this, I suggest you find one that can.

Frank

·
Registered
694 Posts

same here & on a sp shaker with full stripe package with those the size of the stripes varying so much was concerned but did a great job

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just an FYI . . . Suntek and Xpel Paint Protection Films (PPF) BOTH make a matte film that can be placed over the stripes.

IF you want to protect them long-term while keeping the same finish.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
Same here.

In fact, the two different places that installed the clear bra on my last two vehicles did the same thing.

If your installer can't do this, I suggest you find one that can.

Frank
same here & on a sp shaker with full stripe package with those the size of the stripes varying so much was concerned but did a great job

Do you Guys mind sharing how much you paid?

I'm thinking about getting Ruby done and am curious what it costs. I know that the costs are different according to the area, but it gives me an idea.

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Do you Guys mind sharing how much you paid?

I'm thinking about getting Ruby done and am curious what it costs. I know that the costs are different according to the area, but it gives me an idea.

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

I don't remember the exact cost but I know it wasn't cheap. I had the whole front clip covered (all the painted area), the front of the headlights covered to protect from rocks and hazing. and the first quarter of the hood as well as the first quarter of the sides covered and the back of the rear view mirrors. I think it was a little over $400 for the whole thing. I used Suntek which is less expensive than XPel.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
I don't remember the exact cost but I know it wasn't cheap. I had the whole front clip covered (all the painted area), the front of the headlights covered to protect from rocks and hazing. and the first quarter of the hood as well as the first quarter of the sides covered and the back of the rear view mirrors. I think it was a little over $400 for the whole thing. I used Suntek which is less expensive than XPel.

Thanks for sharing the info! :cheers:

Honestly, that sounds like a Great price for having all of that done. How do you like the Suntek so far?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info! :cheers:

Honestly, that sounds like a Great price for having all of that done. How do you like the Suntek so far?

I think I might have under estimated the price. I had it done in two steps, first the whole front clip and headlights and then about about four months later the hood and sides.

So far so good. Some prefer the XPel because it is thicker but my car detailer recommended the Suntek.

I had a larger rock hit the back of one mirror and it went through to the black plastic but there isn't a chip in any of the front clip or hood and I drove a 3000 mile trip to Houston and back. I bought the car over 1 year ago and so far have 16,700 on the odometer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts