Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
True, true. And you know whats funny, (NOT funny), passenger side, there is an eighth inch little cut in the paint on the edge. Damn women and their spiked heals! ;) ;)
But what I installed is just for looks. The whole vehicle only says Challenger on the front grill. So this complements it nicely. Now I just need to find a good stainless or chrome old school script Challenger logo for the rear spoiler, left side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is my installed door sill. It is secured by very sticky 3M tape. Line it up before you remove the tape's backing. Install the curved front edge first and then push down on the rest of the sill. Once down, it will not move!
Got a ? Did your door sills come with the 3M tape on the lip of the plate? I read where you said to start from the front edge and then push down, but mine doesn't have the tape there. Its the brushed alum OEM, but i don't like the overhang loose. Just wondering if yours came with the tape on it.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Got a ? Did your door sills come with the 3M tape on the lip of the plate? I read where you said to start from the front edge and then push down, but mine doesn't have the tape there. Its the brushed alum OEM, but i don't like the overhang loose. Just wondering if yours came with the tape on it.
If I can answer for him...The lip of the plate has no tape. Just lay the plate out on your door sill first and see where it fits best. Then use masking tape to mark the ends so you have guides once you pull the cover off the VERY gooey 3M tape. Trust me, once this is in place, it will not come off. Just take your time, because basically, there is no re-do once the gooey 3M tape hits the body of the car.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
If I can answer for him...The lip of the plate has no tape. Just lay the plate out on your door sill first and see where it fits best. Then use masking tape to mark the ends so you have guides once you pull the cover off the VERY gooey 3M tape. Trust me, once this is in place, it will not come off. Just take your time, because basically, there is no re-do once the gooey 3M tape hits the body of the car.
Also make sure the surface is clean of any oil, wax, etc...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also make sure the surface is clean of any oil, wax, etc...
Awesome!! For some reason when I was trying to place where they'd look right, my instinct was to press the lip first, then then the top flat part. Then when I started the job, no tape... Thanks for the reply :giggle:

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack; 2018 SXT
48 Posts
:cursin:Be thankful you don't own a new Camaro. This is what happens with the factory sills installed:

( I found this on a Camaro site.)
I think these are the same ones I had on my 5th gen...I believe they're thick decals, not a plate, although I only realized that when mine started lifting like in the pic

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think these are the same ones I had on my 5th gen...I believe they're thick decals, not a plate, although I only realized that when mine started lifting like in the pic
I finally got them installed. They were brushed aluminum with the 3M tape all around the edge. And if I barely touched a piece of it to my car, it stuck. Looks good, but now I don't want to scratch them 😆.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts