Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed mine and really REALLY HATE the way they look at night when my lights are on, I know I don't see it, but the velcro pieces look terrible since you can see them through the covers. Has anyone else done anything different, like mounted the velcro around the top and bottom edges instead of right in the middle?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Why not send em back and use niteshades instead? Unless you were just wanting temp black outs, which i could completely understand.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
I had those covers and it bugged me also. I switched to the tints by big worm graphix. They are not as dark but I think it looks cleaner.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just My .02 if you go to any Hardware store. You can buy 3M Double Sided Tape Strips for less than $4. It works great. I did that for my GTS Tails on my Tahoe years ago and they are still there. Even after years of hands free car washes and many highway miles from IA to SC. I got some daytona tails from steve white motors. The sticky tape sucked. I didn't feel like sending them back so I did the 3M thing. and the are still on with no issues. So far for my challenger quick fix 25,000+ issue free. Try it out man it's cheap and it works.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I feel your pain. I went through it too. I went out to home depot and bought all new velcro and what I did was I put the velcro on the outer edge of the light but still on the outer face of the light where the light does not shine through really (not on the top or the bottom of the light. It wont fit like that). The lip is more of a reflector so it dosnt illuminate really at all at night time. You do have to be careful because the covers are not on there as well due to the fact that you have to try to mount the velcro to a curved surface. On the side ones I put velcro only on the 2 small sides but on the main middle one I put it on all 4 sides since I usually grab that to close the trunk. So far so good with mine and ive had them on all year and every through this crazy jersey winter we had and I don't have to see those dumb velcro strips at night :clap:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm going to try the 3m thing around the edges and see what I can rig up this weekend. When I figure it out ill post pictures for others. I really didn't want to paint them with VOGT Nightshade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts