Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Installing Hood Pins

12K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  kstay203 
#1 ·
Here is an informative video, posted by Steve White Motors, explaining how to install hood pins on a Challenger.

#3 ·
I did mine shortly after buying it-you'll love it especially since you have a Shaker.

Just be wary that when you drill the hood you have a complex angle on the underside, I measured it all out, piloted it from the pins upward and it's dead nuts.

I'll put a pic up tonight if you like.

#5 ·
I called every custom body shop in town and even the Dodge Service department at my local dealership. Either I never got a call back or no one would touch it. One guy wanted to charge $800 dollars to install them (with no previous experience!). So I ordered OEM mopar black pins and followed the Steve White video and it turned out perfect. Just got it done yesterday. I still have to level the angle on one of the locks.

Once you get over the anxiety, it actually an easy job to do. Pic below:

Attachments

#6 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk Gyorak. Looks good :thumbsup:

A Guy

#7 ·
Resurrecting this thread, but only because I just installed my hood pins (ordered form Luke at Steve White's of course). Wanted to add some to my '15 Scat Pack Shaker, but sold it before I did. Now they'll just have to sit on my '19 Wide Body Scat. The video was extremely helpful. Only thing I did differently was add the second set of grommets to the holes in the plastic inserts. I really like how it makes it look almost factory!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Sports car
Blue Electric blue
Vehicle Electric blue
Red Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

#11 ·
I was very nervous as well. Fact of the matter is, of course, once you drill that first pilot hole you cannot go back; it can be pretty unnerving. It took me a long time to get comfortable with the idea of it. I really took my time, measured multiple times, checked and rechecked markings before any drilling took place. In the end, it was pretty simple. One bit of advice - if you have a brand new 1 1/4" hole saw, it takes about 3 seconds of drilling before the hole is cut. I was not ready for that and nearly pushed it through the top of the hood all in one attempt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.