Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing my lockpick tomorrow with a backup camera that was recommended from the guys here on the forum.... I've seen the video online that shows the tag light opening to the inside trunk vent so I already have that in place....I would like some tips on how to remove the inside bottom molding so I can route the video wire from back to front. What would be the best route, resting the excess wires at back of radio and so forth....Thanks again people in advance for all help..

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
If you are talking about the rocker trim molding I believe it is just held in place with clips. One thing I did was to zip tie the excess cable and the Lockpick box in behind the glove box, this way if I need to get to it later to add more cameras, etc, all I need to do is drop that one trim panel above the passengers feet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok I installed my camera and lock pick today. After searching all forums I was able to pick the camera that goes on the Subaru and it fit perfect in the tag hole. Routing wires thru the trunk vent was easy and down the sides and under the sill without removing them. It was kinda scary when I powered up and waited 30s and the screen didn't change but after a few more seconds all went well. Extremely satisfied thanks to everyone's post past and present you made everything so much easier

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Ok I installed my camera and lock pick today. After searching all forums I was able to pick the camera that goes on the Subaru and it fit perfect in the tag hole. Routing wires thru the trunk vent was easy and down the sides and under the sill without removing them. It was kinda scary when I powered up and waited 30s and the screen didn't change but after a few more seconds all went well. Extremely satisfied thanks to everyone's post past and present you made everything so much easier
Can you post the part#? Thanks

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Reactions: thebatfan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just wanted to add another comment...if you get any work done (battery, ECM, etc) and you find the lockpick is not working the way it did just remove the radio panel and unplug lockpick for about 5 to 10 seconds and upon replug everything will reset. I found this out the hard way after installing supercharger on my 392. Camera for some reason did not have reverse look and my grid lines had gone away. Everything fine now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts