Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group, need a little advice. Currently have a 2013 6.4 Auto with Mopar CAI and Borla exhaust. Drone not too bad, but definitely don't want more than that. Warranty now up, so doing first stage of upgrades with Stainless works long tube headers and high flow cats, then a street tune.

Question...If don't want drone to get worse, should I put back on the factory exhaust that has the suitcases or leave on the Borla Atak that is already on there?
- What's the down side with the factory exhaust in regards to performance? - thinking the suitcases will hinder airflow slightly, but am no expert here for sure

Thanks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The stock exhaust will hinder flow slightly... why are you worried about more drone from longtubes?

In my experience, longtubes don't add to "drone".

I would just leave the Borla on.

Reactions: KID1084

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Drone at 1-2k RPMs can be solved by installing rear resonators or adding a "J" pipe like the Solo has. FYI the mid mufflers tend to add more cabin noise. I have a corsa and removed the mid mufflers and kept the rear resonators and no drone whatsoever. The exhaust note is pretty loud when you are on it but it sounds like it all comes from the rear of the car. With the mid mufflers on I would get a noticeable rumble in the cabin (not drone but exhaust rumble...hard to explain).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the responses. Seems like I shouldn't expect more drone, but maybe some rumble with the Borla's on. Preference is to keep the Borla's, so we'll see. Goes into the shop this weekend for the package upgrade, so fingers crossed. If all goes well, then next upgrade would be to the ProCharger Kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts