Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just installed my map lights the ones by the rear view mirror no problem. But I'm not sure how to change the small 2 toward the back. I have a 2011 challenger srt btw if that makes a difference Ty guys

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey guys just installed my map lights the ones by the rear view mirror no problem. But I'm not sure how to change the small 2 toward the back. I have a 2011 challenger srt btw if that makes a difference Ty guys
Very interested in this. How did you change the bulbs? what bulbs did you switch them with?
I want to change mine to blue but I have no idea how and dont want to screw around with the electrical system

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I changed the two by the rear view, left the small round ones white. I'm sure that someone will chime in with how to change them.

Very interested in this. How did you change the bulbs? what bulbs did you switch them with?
I want to change mine to blue but I have no idea how and dont want to screw around with the electrical system
Really easy to change those. Just order this kit.

Dodge Challenger Blue LED Lights Interior Kit 2008 2013 | eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, 2011... the other two lights your talking about are in the roof headliner yes? If so, those lights are LEDs on a small printed circuit board mounted inside the headliner. Only way to replace them or change to a different color is to remove the headliner, remove the PCB and unsolder the LED and solder in a new one. :( of course you have to have the correct LED and it's a big job!! I prefer to just get some window tint in the color you want and carefully and neatly cover the clear lens with it ;)
On the 2010 and older, the lights are on the back of the front seats, they are LED as well, but they are much easier to get to and change... still, most peeps just end up going the color tint route ;)
Hope this helps a little!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've seen a how-to on the 2011+ little circles before. It's not an easy replacement. I don't believe you HAVE to remove the headliner (because that's very difficult to do in these cars), but that how-to I mentioned would have all the details. I just did some quick searching and couldn't find it right away, but if you're motivated you can probably find it either in this subforum or the interior sub. It's been a year or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts