Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a new RHR radio myself. I called Sirius and the first person told me that the dealer had to install the radio and do programming for sirius. I got the feeling that person didn't know what they were talking about.
I hung up and called back. This time, the person said that once the radio is working, I just activate the Sirius radio by going to channel 184, then follow the prompts to activate it. She said that will not activate TravelLink nor Traffic though. When I asked how to activate those, she said - just call. I'm feeling like it depends on who I get when I call. Seems like remember there was a specific phone number at Sirius to call in order to activate these options. I've read some posts where people had a lot of trouble getting these to work and finally gave up in some cases.

Anyone have the real lowdown on this? I'd sure appreciate the help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm installing a new RHR radio myself. I called Sirius and the first person told me that the dealer had to install the radio and do programming for sirius. I got the feeling that person didn't know what they were talking about.
I hung up and called back. This time, the person said that once the radio is working, I just activate the Sirius radio by going to channel 184, then follow the prompts to activate it. She said that will not activate TravelLink nor Traffic though. When I asked how to activate those, she said - just call. I'm feeling like it depends on who I get when I call. Seems like remember there was a specific phone number at Sirius to call in order to activate these options. I've read some posts where people had a lot of trouble getting these to work and finally gave up in some cases.

Thanks!
When I picked up my car Sirius was free for the 1st year with Travel link and all the features enabled. When it came time to renew that's when it all became clear. Travel Link is not included in the basic package. There is an additional charge for it. At that point I passed. especially when all those things are available as free apps on a smart phone.

·
Registered
828 Posts

Thanks!
If I remember correctly, there is a sirius number that you need off the old radio and then the new one.... then you call them and they will change the subscription to the new radio.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
You need to call Sirius from the car, and the car needs to be parked OUTSIDE, with clear shot of the sky.

After you give them your radio unit number, they will track you down via satellite to activate the services. The whole thing will take 10-20 mins. as you need to wait for a satellite to pick up the signal from your unit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
If I remember correctly, there is a sirius number that you need off the old radio and then the new one.... then you call them and they will change the subscription to the new radio.
They have your original radio ID number and information on file so just need to give your new radio ID.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts