Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be having a full Pedders bushing set installed on my SRT-8 the next couple of weeks. Anyone else done the same and have any comments good or bad?

Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I did all front bushings and rear cradle bushings. No issues, car is much more stable on the road course.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did my complete rear axle last year. Up to now not one issue. Awesome mod.
But it didn't solve the 6speed wheel hop issue.

I'll get new tires within the next weeks as well as the front suspension done.
Perhaps with the new tires wheelhop will be totally gone.

Here's the link to the install:
anyone running Pedders bushings? - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
After I put the supercharger on wheel hop is not much of an issue. It powers right through it.:bigthumb: Well that and the traction control, you wouldn't even know it had traction control.
I'm going to replace all of the bushings this time then install coil-overs and sway's next time around.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New bushing set installed next stop Pedders sway's and coil-overs. Made a world of difference just replacing the bushings, can't what for the rest to be done.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
full Pedders ?

Hey Sub...when you say full bushing set installed do you mean all bushings under the car or just upper and lower control arms ?

Am going to be doing my SRT8 in a few weeks and looking for positive feedback on what to do (how far to take this).

Am also looking to get a good deal on the Pedder's bushings am going to need.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Sub...when you say full bushing set installed do you mean all bushings under the car or just upper and lower control arms ?

Am going to be doing my SRT8 in a few weeks and looking for positive feedback on what to do (how far to take this).

Am also looking to get a good deal on the Pedder's bushings am going to need.

:thumbsup:
I had the full repair bushing set installed about $1500.00 in parts. I know its expensive after paying for the install but if you ask me it was well worth it and I would do it again.

·
Registered
432 Posts
When i did the kit on my wife's SRT8 Charger i was really surprised at what a difference it made. It made the car stiffer but more solid so the bumps didn't jar the car as much. It make it feel significantly lighter, and the handling was drastically improved.
and i say this from an end user point of view, SubZer0, do you agree with what i've posted?

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I had the full repair bushing set installed about $1500.00 in parts. I know its expensive after paying for the install but if you ask me it was well worth it and I would do it again.
Sub..can you tell me how much I might be looking at for a complete install like the one you did...you can PM if you don't want to make public.

Am just looking at a ball park figure so when I go into my shop I'll have some type of idea on how to deal with them.

Am looking at Petty's Garage coil overs... some people as Pedders

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sub..can you tell me how much I might be looking at for a complete install like the one you did...you can PM if you don't want to make public.

Am just looking at a ball park figure so when I go into my shop I'll have some type of idea on how to deal with them.

Am looking at Petty's Garage coil overs... some people as Pedders
Well it cost me about $2300.00 out the door but the shop messed up and thought that they could do the full install in about 4 hours, LOL. Four days later I got my car back but they only charged me for the 4 hour labor sense that is what they quoted me. The had to send the rear carrier assembly out to have the old bushings pressed out, bushings to big for anything they had. Pedders told them 1 hour per wheel, I laughed my butt off when they told me that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When i did the kit on my wife's SRT8 Charger i was really surprised at what a difference it made. It made the car stiffer but more solid so the bumps didn't jar the car as much. It make it feel significantly lighter, and the handling was drastically improved.
and i say this from an end user point of view, SubZer0, do you agree with what i've posted?
Yes I would agree 100%

·
Registered
432 Posts
ya, a full kit is a bit more than 4 hours, keep in mind each rear wheel is connected to the car with 9 bushings, plus the 4 cradle bushings in the rear. There is just a crap ton of bushings, and they all need to be pressed out and back in again.

I'm thinking that Pedders said 1 hour per bushings for the sub frame and that was mistaken as the whole car.

Normally it's about a 2 day job to do the entire car with bushings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts