Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a local shop install my Petty's Garage sway bars tomorrow. They have three positions for the front and rear. Does anybody have a recommendation for what holes to start on? I was thinking of putting both of them in the middle. This is my daily driver, and I plan on doing some autocross maybe once a month. Just trying to firm up the handling. I have stock tires and a front strut bar so far.

How long does it take to adjust the bars, and is it hard to do without a lift? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Not hard work to adjust the front at all, can be done on ramps. The rear you have to remove the tires to do but still not difficult. I found for autocross my best was full soft front and full stiff rear. I daily drove it that way too with no problems.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up going with the medium setting in front, and firm in the rear. The difference is night and day, more than the front strut bar. After some testing doing figure 8s and ovals, oversteer has been reduced quite a bit. If the rear starts to slide, a little or lot of pedal returns the traction. It kind of feels like my dirtbike hitting a berm while on full throttle. I think I'll move the front to soft next and try it out. I really need to hit the track though to test it out.

Reactions: steve37887
1 - 4 of 4 Posts