Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great post! As simple as one might think a device like this to use, there always seems to be a couple of minor things that aren't that obvious when its time to use it (like pushing down on the selector switch, or the fact you can replace the sealent cannister - I didn't know that BTW). Thanks a bunch for taking the time to do the video!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I've had four SRT8 since 2007, and have never had to use the pump kit in any of them, nevertheless look the thing over and assess how to use it. Your video answered all questions, and I didn't even have to pop the trunk. lol

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Great video!

I would like to add it's a good idea to carry a tire plug kit. Many times you can locate what it was that punctured the tire and do a temporary fix with a plug. You can then drive to a tire store and have the tire patched from the inside. The tire store will be very happy if you didn't inject the sealant into the tire!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cobb,

I agree about the plug kit... They are invaluable and I'm going to add a Camel kit in the trunk. I'd much rather plug it, than fill it with sealant. If it's something like a screw or nail or a small rock puncture, plugs are your friend!

I am glad that you guys find the video informative. There is absolutely no good information out there for the tire kit on the SRT8's (I googled and came up blank) so I figured why not shoot a video!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Great video, thanks! But I would like to point out this isn't ONLY for SRT8 vehicles. I have an R/T with the Spare Delete and have the exact same kit as in your video.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great video, thanks! But I would like to point out this isn't ONLY for SRT8 vehicles. I have an R/T with the Spare Delete and have the exact same kit as in your video.

Thanks for the info DCA, I didn't know they did a "spare tire delete" on any of the other vehicles! Good info!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thanks so much for the doing the video. I have wondered about how the darn thing works since I bought the car as I don't want to be stranded at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere on a dark and stormy night.........that is how slasher movies start :disgust:

BTW - it was my understanding that if you put sealant in a tire then the tire cannot be repaired. Am I wrong on that or not? As I don't mind being wrong on something that could be so expensive.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not sure about the tire being repairable after using the sealant. I'm going to say that they are just going to try and sell you a new tire, because even if they could get the hardened goo off, it may make patching the tire impossible. This is one of those things I'd say you really use in case of a real emergency. A tire plug kit would fit 80% of the issues one would typically encounter.. Like the week I put brand new shoes on my Rumblebee and picked up a screw..... Yep I plugged it.. been fine since :)

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tin,

The tractor isn't too shabby either :p Thanks!

Hellraiser,

Thanks man! Hey I tend to think I'm a pretty tech savvy guy.. and I couldn't find a lick of good info on this contraption and I just want to make sure if someone does have issues they know how to use it, or... if they are "playing around" with it, that they don't shoot ackem puckie all over their car by mistake :)

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Don't mean to be contrary but, the button that is on the top right next to the sealant canister is a tire deflation button, not sealant injection.

To inject sealant you just switch over to sealant (using the selector) and press the on button (with the clear sealant hose hooked up to the tire of course).

Please see the attached excerpt from the SRT8 owners manual for reference.

Great video BTW :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't mean to be contrary but, the button that is on the top right next to the sealant canister is a tire deflation button, not sealant injection.

To inject sealant you just switch over to sealant (using the selector) and press the on button (with the clear sealant hose hooked up to the tire of course).
This is correct. I know from experience. Just had to do it for my IE today. The system worked for me, allowing me to make the 30 mile drive home. Next I'll find out if the tire is repairable once it has been shot with goo. And if not, of course you always replace tires in pairs. :mecry:

Great video. Wish I had seen it before today. Everyone should watch it before they need it. But you can figure it out on your own if you have to using the diagrams on the side of the pump.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Please see the attached excerpt from the SRT8 owners manual for reference.

Great video BTW :thumbsup:
We covered this a few pages back, but it's a good reminder for anyone not reading the entire thread :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the Vid. I have an DT 09 R/T 6spd with "track pak" & "spare tire delete"; and as DCAggie said it came with the same device. The version I have looks a little different on the buttons, but same function.

Thanks again, really didn't have a clue how it worked. Just figured I would wing it. Now I know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts