·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great post! As simple as one might think a device like this to use, there always seems to be a couple of minor things that aren't that obvious when its time to use it (like pushing down on the selector switch, or the fact you can replace the sealent cannister - I didn't know that BTW). Thanks a bunch for taking the time to do the video!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I've had four SRT8 since 2007, and have never had to use the pump kit in any of them, nevertheless look the thing over and assess how to use it. Your video answered all questions, and I didn't even have to pop the trunk. lol

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Great video!

I would like to add it's a good idea to carry a tire plug kit. Many times you can locate what it was that punctured the tire and do a temporary fix with a plug. You can then drive to a tire store and have the tire patched from the inside. The tire store will be very happy if you didn't inject the sealant into the tire!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cobb,

I agree about the plug kit... They are invaluable and I'm going to add a Camel kit in the trunk. I'd much rather plug it, than fill it with sealant. If it's something like a screw or nail or a small rock puncture, plugs are your friend!

I am glad that you guys find the video informative. There is absolutely no good information out there for the tire kit on the SRT8's (I googled and came up blank) so I figured why not shoot a video!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Great video, thanks! But I would like to point out this isn't ONLY for SRT8 vehicles. I have an R/T with the Spare Delete and have the exact same kit as in your video.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great video, thanks! But I would like to point out this isn't ONLY for SRT8 vehicles. I have an R/T with the Spare Delete and have the exact same kit as in your video.

Thanks for the info DCA, I didn't know they did a "spare tire delete" on any of the other vehicles! Good info!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wonder how many years it'll be before the dealers no longer stock the sealant canisters.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This will really be helpful if I ever find myself with a flat in the middle of the night. Thank you for sharing it. Please make some more videos!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Video is Great!

Great job on the inflater video! Now I know what to do if the tire flats.

I also have a Toxic Orange SRT8, but with gray stripes and the other wheel style, and mine is a 6 speed.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Nice job.
Cliff

·
Registered
14 Posts
MOPAR Goo

I had to use mine at 600 miles. Some how developed a pin hole size leak in the middle of the tread. I felt no nail or screw or anything just the air leaking out. The kit worked perfectly, a little slow but it worked. I took it to the dealer the next day concerned about the sealant possibly ruining the tire or sensory. I was told that the sealant posed no harm, that its no the same stuff in the "fix-a-flat". I bought tow replacement canisters at $65.00 each. I was glad I had watched this video only a few days before it happened.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the video! People learn in various ways...I read the instructions but having watched the video will make for a smoother operation whilst cursing because I got a flat tire some day in the future but hopefully not!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks for the video - well done

Camel kit?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts