Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Doing some big maintenance over the next week. Tomorrow morning I'm attempting to replace my spark plugs and engine air filter. (Switching to synthetic and doing a coolant flush, timing belt swap, and more next week).

I have 2010 SE with the 3.5 V6. I've googled and googled and searched on here and can't find instructions on replacing the spark plugs for my car!

Does anybody have a resource with detailed instructions (photos preferred) and a list of tools I need?

Also, I'm fairly confident there is a lot of buildup in this engine (don't ask). I bought some seafoam. I bought two cans. I was going to put 1/3 a can in with a fresh tank of 89, 1/3 can in with a fresh change of conventional oil to remove crap before I switch to syn, and one entire can goes into a vacuum line to clean the engine.

However, I don't really know which line to use. I have to use one feeding all cylinders. Would the brake booster line work?

Thank you!

Oh, for those wondering: I decided to upgrade my plugs. OEM is double platnium. I went with Autolite XP Iridium plugs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You should use Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner as opposed to Seafoam to clean your engine top end. Apparently Seafoam is more likely to hydrolock the engine whereas MCCC is an aerosol spray (not to mention it's made specifically for top end cleaning). With MCCC you just spray the whole can through the throttle body.

Sorry don't have time to find links, but a quick google search will bring up quite a few forum threads dealing with this topic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should use Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner as opposed to Seafoam to clean your engine top end. Apparently Seafoam is more likely to hydrolock the engine whereas MCCC is an aerosol spray (not to mention it's made specifically for top end cleaning). With MCCC you just spray the whole can through the throttle body.

Sorry don't have time to find links, but a quick google search will bring up quite a few forum threads dealing with this topic.
Thanks. I'll try MCCC next time, since I already have SF.

Would you happen to know where the brake booster line is on the 3.5 engine? :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do not use SeaFoam...trust me! Ran it through my challenger RT and followed directions...immediately after it ran through the following day...messed up my 02 sensors badly...from a friend of mine who works as a high end mechanic on BMWs, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Rolls, Maseratis etc...they don't touch the stuff nor support it...unless you have an older vehicle then at your own risk you can try it...but modern cars read the stuff incorrectly and throws things off

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
For the plugs , left bank you have to remove the upper 1/2 of the intake mani, 10mm bolts and don't forget to pry remove the exhaust recirc from the back of it. you have to unbolt the throttle body from it's bracket and the holder bars on either side of the intake mani too. Then remove coil packs and put some tape on a spark plug socket to grab the plugs as you remove them.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
pre order the blue EGR O-ring cause the break. for me I take off the trans dipstick as it makes talking off the top of the manifold so much easier and I don't break the EGR ring... I think the stick is a 8mm bolt and really tight so don't strip it. It is on the trans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts