Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger that the instrument cluster lights are not working all the other lights in the car work but when you turn the headlights on instrument lights do not work I have checked the fuses and relays and there is no problem there has anyone else had this problem? I’m wondering if it is the instrument cluster circuit board itself?

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
the '08 - '14 cluster has a single-sheet electro-luminescent (EL) sheet that backlights the gauges.

if the entire cluster has lost lighting, odds are either the EL sheet failed or the circuitry for the driver went bad. This setup uses a step-up circuit / transformer to drive that sheet to 90v for its operation.

the EL sheet is not available as a stand-alone part. Any dealers or parts places will see the entire cluster they run $500 - 600 for the cluster, plus the programming costs to flash the correct mileage into it.

you can either a) replace the cluster, mileage will have to be flashed b) send the cluster to a repair facility (link below)

often these clusters end up with dark spots which indicates the EL sheet is starting to go bad.

Reactions: A Guy
1 - 2 of 2 Posts