Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious would it be possible to swap a SRT gauge cluster for a standard Hemi cluster, do they have the same connections and be a basic plug and play?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you go to swap clusters, if my current engine has 18000 miles on it, and i swap in a cluster with more or less miles, will it still read 18000 once installed or will it read the miles from the car it came from?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the cluster will read the mileage from the donor car, but the PCM will still read your actual mileage.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Why exactly do you want a SRT cluster? You can just get a graphics face for the standard gauges and they'll look exactly the same, just only go to 160 vs 180 and the RPM gauge will be a bit different.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Why exactly do you want a SRT cluster? You can just get a graphics face for the standard gauges and they'll look exactly the same, just only go to 160 vs 180 and the RPM gauge will be a bit different.
Does the SRT8 instrument panel have extra gauges such as Oil Pressure, Charging Status, etc? I have never been comfortable relying on idiot lites because when those come on, its usually too late.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just noticed these available on ebay last night, previously I had only seen them for the 180mph SRT8 gauges but now for the 140 or 160 non SRT versions too.

The reason i was asking about a swap of clusters as I'm doing a rod conversion and the engine is from a 07 charger daytona and firstly I just wanted to see if the SRT8 and the non srt dashes had the same wiring harness. Now that they seem to be the same I was curious about mileage as I would like it to display the correct mileage of the engine which I do know but the cluster with the vehicle I bought it from had been sold.

Is there a way to have any cluster matched to the mileage on your PCM?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
you can send the cluster to TVandNav2go. Dom can change the mileage to match your car or whatever mileage you want.

·
Super Moderator
16,317 Posts
Does the SRT8 instrument panel have extra gauges such as Oil Pressure, Charging Status, etc? I have never been comfortable relying on idiot lites because when those come on, its usually too late.
The EVIC cluster (optional on R/T [160mph speedo]) has the 4 wheel TPMS, oil pressure, oil temp and trip computer. There are also all the screens to change headlight delays settings, Hill Start (stick), alarm settings, etc.

There's the 'easter egg' hidden screen that allows the throttle %, charging voltage, digital speedo, oil PSI, 0-60timer and few other parameters.

This does require the steering wheel controls to access the EVIC screens...the SRT version adds the performance pages (1/8mi, 1/4mi, g-force cornering, and g-force braking) with the 180mph speedo.

So its possible to add the EVIC cluster to an base cluster R/T, but there's the wiring harnesses, steering wheel buttons and the PCM re-flash to enable all this to work...been done by a couple of others on this forum and it takes someone with the know-how to program this in with the StarScan system (dealer laptop tool).

·
Registered
504 Posts
so my r/t has evic and buttons on the wheel and i can access everything but the 1/8mi, 1/4mi, g-force cornering,wich is on the srt evic... can i get those functions by swapping in an srt evic?????

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
srt evic

so my r/t has evic and buttons on the wheel and i can access everything but the 1/8mi, 1/4mi, g-force cornering,wich is on the srt evic... can i get those functions by swapping in an srt evic?????

I just replaced my S/E cluster with an SRT cluster (thanks to s/s dodge "Tony") I had the performance screens until the first time i started the car. The 1/8, 1/4 and g-force screens no longer appear?. I need to figure out what module feeds the cluster and see if i can install it on my s/e g package. i have the top speed and 0-60 timers working however. Maybe your R/T has the required modules and the SRT cluster will give you these. They are in the cluster you just need to have the correct "feeds" to make them display

·
Registered
504 Posts
please keep me informed if you get it working,im about ready to swap the srt gauge into my r/t...but i need to find one first..do the needles work??

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
please keep me informed if you get it working,im about ready to swap the srt gauge into my r/t...but i need to find one first..do the needles work??
yes the needles work fine. when you swap it out you won't have the compass display unless you can find somebody to enable it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cluster swap

Could I take a new cluster from a 2016 challenger that has the screen in the middle and put it in a 2013 challenger that just has the standard cluster?

·
Super Moderator
16,317 Posts
electrical architecture is different from the '14 and earlier from the '15+. Plus the dimensions of the IP clusters are very different from one another between 1st series (LC) vs. 2nd series (LA)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i own a 2009 charger se. Im about to buy a srt8 speedometer cluster and replace my old one with the srt8 but the only problem is will it be the same MPH if i go 25mph will it also go 25mph on the new cluster swap or do i have to reset it or flash it so it can read the car?

·
Super Moderator
16,317 Posts
Hi i own a 2009 charger se. Im about to buy a srt8 speedometer cluster and replace my old one with the srt8 but the only problem is will it be the same MPH if i go 25mph will it also go 25mph on the new cluster swap or do i have to reset it or flash it so it can read the car?
The model / equipment sales codes / VIN are encoded in TIPM (power module in engine bay) and the IP cluster has encoding for what equipment / model as well as the PCM (engine module)

So your SE probably doesn't have steering wheel button control (mostly R/T models optioned with EVIC or SRT had these) many of the EVIC menus are accessed through steering wheel controls.

Your cluster probably doesn't have 4 wheel TPMS (tire pressure) or the alarm system - so there's many features in the SRT cluster that are n/a or the non-EVIC equipped car.

I recall some others trying to swap R/T or SRT clusters into V6 models, but didn't seem like everything worked in a simply plug and play manner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts