Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite, let's say the put the Challenger into production... Do you think insurance companies are going to insure you when you walk in there and tell them you just bought a 2007/8 Dodge Challenger with a 6.1L Hemi 6 spd manual, and 425hp?? And if you do get insurance we're gonna be payin out our butts for it i bet!! So yeah.. jus was thinkin about the insurance part, it could be interesting especially since i'll be 19 when/if the Challenger comes out and i'm definetely getting one... Could be an interesting little hurdle... jus figured i'd listen to what everyone else had to say about this topic...:confused:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
they insure my Vipers and Vettes and Prowlers, I see no reason not to insure Challengers...I have a clean driving record(1 ticket in 37 years of driving) and never had an accident...

ps....I have a Jeep SRT8 coming in anytime, no problem there either....

·
Registered
17 Posts
MoparMuscle said:
Alrite, let's say the put the Challenger into production... Do you think insurance companies are going to insure you when you walk in there and tell them you just bought a 2007/8 Dodge Challenger with a 6.1L Hemi 6 spd manual, and 425hp?? And if you do get insurance we're gonna be payin out our butts for it i bet!! So yeah.. jus was thinkin about the insurance part, it could be interesting especially since i'll be 19 when/if the Challenger comes out and i'm definetely getting one... Could be an interesting little hurdle... jus figured i'd listen to what everyone else had to say about this topic...:confused:
19? You'll be sending the insurance guy's kids to college with the money you will spend. Too bad Ebay stopped people from selling their kidneys :D

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well I can see insurance being pretty high for single males under 25, unless their parents give them a hand (seems to happen quite a bit where I live), but I haven't have to worry about that for some time now - I guess that's one of the advantages of getting old :eek:

Funny thing, though - insurance is actually cheaper on my GTO than it is on my Hemi Ram, go figure...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
FWIW

Don't let a parent or anyone else go on the title with you. If you have an accident, your fault or not, and get sued, the other person on the title has liability - at least they do in Florida.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I worry more about the gas milage! I'm 32 and never have had a ticket, and I don't plan on driving much, so insurance I would hope won't kill me!

·
Banned
95 Posts
You insur will go down when you hit 25 so you only get raped another 6 yrs.
It also depends where you live, I am fortunate to live in not one BUT TWO of the highest insur rate areas in the country, S Florida and S Calif. lucky me :(

It is the price of playing the game though, you have to bite the bulitt just like gas prices. As they say don't hate the playa hate the game.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I was 20, I would worry about insurance. Since I'm 43 with a wife and two kids its not a problem. When I was 17 and had a 68 Barracuda 340 Formula S 4 speed, the car and more importantly the insurance were in my mother's name ( a lot cheaper).

·
Registered
250 Posts
my insurance now is like $75/month on the srt4

I'm 23 and married.

My bestfriend is also 23 and he's single. His first car was a nissan sentra se-r he bought a 2006 300 C srt-8 and his insurance dropped so much that he pays less than he did for the nissan for BOTH,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's very true. I'll jus go wit my name on the title and then jus go under my dad or somethin on the insurance. That'll keep it a bit down until i'm 25 i guess, but idc i was jus curious what everyone had to say about the insurance. I want that Challenger, regardless of insurance, it's worth it...

·
Registered
136 Posts
my insurance now is like $75/month on the srt4

I'm 23 and married.

My bestfriend is also 23 and he's single. His first car was a nissan sentra se-r he bought a 2006 300 C srt-8 and his insurance dropped so much that he pays less than he did for the nissan for BOTH,
My insurance when I bought the srt-4 stayed the same for both the dakota and the srt-4, I was affraid they would rape me with two performance vehicles. I am 22 and soon to be married, then it will go down from 75 a month to 35 a month with AAA. I am 22 with no more tickets on my record. Street racing charge is finally dropped.

·
Registered
171 Posts
cpvest2 said:
My insurance when I bought the srt-4 stayed the same for both the dakota and the srt-4, I was affraid they would rape me with two performance vehicles. I am 22 and soon to be married, then it will go down from 75 a month to 35 a month with AAA. I am 22 with no more tickets on my record. Street racing charge is finally dropped.
it stayd the same? thats freaking awesome.... also, what's doen to your R/T?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called my insurance company (State Farm) today and asked what it would cost if I purchased one today. First, there is NO vin number nor any engine number that they can use ( required information) to submit to the underwriters for a cost factor.

Second, they suggested that I find a car that would match performance, Ya right... So I asked for a quote on a Dodge Viper.

Driving record. Iam 56 years old and have no tickets. No accidents and never had a car stolen. My credit is good and I own a house. They told me that my rates would go up by 137.00 a year for the same full coverage with a 200.00 deductable that I have now and that isn't bad at all.

Of course this is based on a Viper. No insurance company can issue a quote on a car that hasn't been built yet, just ask yours like I did. Besides, who cares what the insurance costs, just make the car and I will worry what the costs are. This car is a "once in a lifetime dream car". Carl

1 - 20 of 24 Posts