Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts
Google Track Day Insurance . Many provide insurance for what they call High Performance Driver’s Education (HPDE)

A Guy

·
Vendor
12,219 Posts
depending 400 to 1k per weekend, 10% deductible

·
Vendor
12,219 Posts
ps you hit the wall at a dragstrip, same thing no insurance coverage

·
Vendor
12,219 Posts
Camaros and Vette's have experienced some significant issues with ice mode, if i recall what happened to this one

·
Registered
2019 Hellcat Red Eye Widebody
167 Posts
I looked into track insurance before going to HPDE my red eye at the NCM track last October. What Steve said - expensive and high deductibles. For a car I valued at $80,000 (I think, I might have lowered it a bit) I had the option of paying about $540 for two days of road course driving (HPDE is not racing - solid rules about passing in less experienced classes apply) with a $15,000 deductible, or about $590 with a $10,000 deductible. It does cover stuff besides damage to your car - like things you could damage on the track like guardrails, fluid spills, etc. But you'd probably have to put your car into the grandstand to get above those deductibles. You sign a waiver saying you can't sue other drivers or the track owners or the sponsors of the event.

I decided not to buy it, but I own my car outright and if it gets bashed up with damage less than the deductible I'm paying for it with or without track insurance. Above that - almost have to total the car. I could install the engine in my lawn mower I suppose...

The good thing about HPDE, especially in the Novice Class, is the sponsor provides a free instructor who will coach you. I hit it off great with mine - we were like two kids having a blast out there. You don't have to push it beyond your comfort level and so if you are self-disciplined about not exceeding your or the car's limitations I feel it is safe. At least safe enough. I'm going to do it again this season and I won't buy insurance, but it is all about the car owner's peace of mind.

Best,

Finface

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Even the Bondurant track day comes with a risk. Yes they offer you insurance at $75 per day but the deductible is $8,000!!! If you pass on the insurance, you are responsible for all damages that you cause.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Wow insurance is expensive for you all. I do HPDE at Michelin Road Atlanta (concrete jungle) and it's only $220 with a 10% deductible. I use Hagerty. You can get an instant quote for an event through their website. I always joke and say it's the best $220 that I spend every event.

Also, the $220 covers my mods as well.. sway bars, strut braces, etc.

·
Registered
2019 Hellcat Red Eye Widebody
167 Posts
My quote was for an $80,000 2019 Red Eye. A 10% deductible sounds better. My quote had hard numbers of $10,000 or $15,000, depending on the premium you decided to pay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts