Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Reviving this since I just did a similar test with the stock filter and box on my 6.4 compared to the newly installed Hellcat box w/grill intake and Hellcat filter.

My results for the stock setup were essentially the same +~10-12 degrees at the MAP, compared to ambient air. The Hellcat box and filter has been reading +7-9 degrees over ambient while driving. This makes sense to me since you're pulling more cold air in (bumper and grill vs. bumper only), and the filter flows better over the stock setup.

My results are averaged over multiple days of driving in low 70's to low mid 80's outside temp.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Reviving this since I just did a similar test with the stock filter and box on my 6.4 compared to the newly installed Hellcat box w/grill intake and Hellcat filter.

My results for the stock setup were essentially the same +~10-12 degrees at the MAP, compared to ambient air. The Hellcat box and filter has been reading +7-9 degrees over ambient while driving. This makes sense to me since you're pulling more cold air in (bumper and grill vs. bumper only), and the filter flows better over the stock setup.

My results are averaged over multiple days of driving in low 70's to low mid 80's outside temp.
Revived a really old one! Nice to see the difference with the healamp/grill intake.

Take a look at the intial post on this one. That test proved 10 years ago that the stock airbox is just as good if not better than an aftermarket CAI. Just adding a high flow filter is all you really need.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah sorry about that. All of this is new to me, so I was happy to share corroborating results!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is picture of mine. 2013 with a hellcat air filter box. The outside air is the same as the incoming air at the throttle body entrances.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is picture of mine. 2013 with a hellcat air filter box. The outside air is the same as the incoming air at the throttle body entrances.
Im apologizes for the lateness. Here is my layout a whole Hellcat air box assembly wrapped in an aluminum foil installation with a 4" air tube sprayed with heat resisted paint, wrapped with header wrap, Hellcat throttle body and adapter. The heat soak is very little. On hot day while driving the intake air is the same as the outside temp, 30 to 142 mph. It will raise when i set at a light or drive thru but not much more then 20 degrees on average. Not the prettiest girl on the but it keeps the temp down. Any ideas on how to improve, let me know.

20200308_172936.jpg
20200308_172941.jpg

41 - 46 of 46 Posts