Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing engine compartment up grades and these two items will be the cherry on top I also just left the coil packs to also be painted in Plum Crazy! The letters/number on the covers were done in a Pearl Black. The intake I just got back from Peak Speed Shop after Bob did his magic Porting (looked like they did a real nice job on it:

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's going to look sweet David.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

I have been doing a lot of changes and upgrades to my engine bay, I'll post a few when I get it done, I really appreciate for at least one person saying something positive...............

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Old School used to be metal, now plastic......

So my mind set is cloudy due to the fact that I grew up working on metal parts now with Modern Muscle, does everything have to be plastic? When I bought my new SS396 Chevelle in 1970, it was no big deal working on it, now that I have my SRT I'm afraid to get into it and break the plastic! Man, who would have thought that a muscle car would have a PLASTIC INTAKE........
I have a friend that is going to help me change out the intake, it just scares the hell out of me to do this on my own he put a blower on his 392 and he actually gave me his intake which is the one that I got ported and painted. I'll see how that goes.............:notallthere:

David

·
Registered
307 Posts
Do you know what kind of paint they used? I'm also doing this mod...I have a 180 degree therm.stat in ...Just wondering if it being painted can it take the heat.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just regular "water borne" car paint.

Do you know what kind of paint they used? I'm also doing this mod...I have a 180 degree therm.stat in ...Just wondering if it being painted can it take the heat.
The heat "should" not effect the paint on that, but just in case I would have it powder coated just to make sure I have to also change out the thermostat (I was told by some Dodge mechanics that this would void my warranty?) so I'm holding out on this.:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts